Chapter 4

chapter 4-

Kellins POV:

May 15, 2013

"Wake up you're gonna be late." Kevin said. I looked at the clock. It was 6:32 AM. I muttered "fuck you..." under my breath because he woke me up so early. I got up feeling a little dizzy and Kevin handed me some clothes.

"What's this?" I said. I looked down at the white t-shirt and the black jeans and shoes. Kevin chuckled a little before giving his answer.

"It's what you're wearing to school today. Now get ready because we have to go to the school at 7:15." Kevin said as he walked out of the room and shut the door. What the fuck? Who got up this early to go to school? Well I did as told and put on the clothes. I went into the bathroom and splashed some water on my face to wake me up. On the counter top next to the sink there was a white box -like item. I picked it up and it slipped right out of my hand. It smelled really good so I put it on my hands and arms. By the time I walked downstairs, it was 6:58. Kevin was eating breakfast and it looked really good. Growing up in war times I mostly ate food like dry bread and fruits and stuff like that. Sometimes we got juices of different flavors.

"what's that?" I asked him looking down at the fluffy circular bread-like object the was eating. There was also fruit and another circular fluffy bread-like object but this one had a hole in the middle of it. There was also some kind of juice.

"It's pancakes, donuts, strawberries and blueberries. Do you want some?" He asked. I nodded as he took out a plate and put the food on it. He handed me an object with three sharp points on it. I've seen one of these before but I have never actually used one so I don't really know how. Kevin sighed and looked at me.

"It's a fork, Kellin. You use it to eat food." Kevin said grinning. He was obviously amused by my ignorance towards these things. I was very curious to know about this time period considering I will be living in it for like a month. I picked up the fork and stabbed the pancake with it. I picked up the fork with the whole pancake on it and took a bite. It was doughy and good. After that I used the fork to pick up the donut. Kevin chuckeled.

"You don't have to use a fork to eat a donut." he said. I was so confused. You're supposed to use a fork to eat bread-like food but you're not supposed to use a fork with the other? In war times I just used my hands. Well I pulled the 'donut' off the fork and took a bite of it. It was sweet and sugary. I never tasted anything like it. I ate the rest with hapiness. When I looked at the clock on the wall it said 7:09. Kevin realized I was looking at the clock so he turned his attention over to it as well.

"We have to go soon. Eat quickly." He told me. He got up and walked into the other room. I ate the rest of my food and drank my juice. I was kind of nervous. I was coming from the future to kill a guy I have never met or seen in person. And he's only 18. He's not even out of high school. I have never been to a school before anyways, so how am I gonna blend in. Sure... I look like an average teenager with the clothes Kevin gave me but I don't really know much. I just know the stuff Kevin told me. 

"Okay. Let's go." Kevin yelled from the other room. I followed him out the door and into the car. He gave me a bag with some books in it. I took out one of the books and opened it. There was nothing writen on it, it was just a bunch of lines. 

"It's a notebook. You write things in it that the teacher tells you." He gave me some writing utensils and I put them in my bag. Well I knew what a teacher was because kevin explained it to me last night and I knew that homework was some kind of assignment that teachers give to you so you can take it home after school. He also told me that I should make friends. I never really had a lot of friends when I was growing up. I never saw a lot of kids. Only grown-ups.