Chapter 14

Chapter 14-

May 27th, 2013

Kellin's POV:

When I got to Vic's house, I of course, washed my mouth out because I very much wanted to kiss him. We went upstairs and watched TV in his room for a while. As we were watching, I caught a glance of his guitar leaning against the wall. I stopped and stared at it. I knew it was a guitar because Vic told me that he played it.

"What's wrong?" Vic asked startling me, making me jump.

"Nothing. But Vic?" I said.

"Yeah?" 

"Can you play guitar for me?" I asked.

"Why?" he asked. I could tell he was gonna try to stall the time.

"Because I have never heard the sound of a guitar before and I want to hear you play it." I said honestly. He looked like he didn't believe me.

"You've obviously heard the sound of guitar before. Don't you listen to music?" Vic said sarcastically.

"Nope. Never." I stated.

"What?" he asked widening his eyes.

"I have never listened to music. Well, nothing with a guitar or anything of that sort." I admitted. 

"Wow. Where the fuck did you live before you came here?" Vic asked sarcastically.

"Let's just say it was a very bad place." I tried to joke but I mind was overcome with emotions. The tortures, and the pain. The things I saw..... I tried to push it out of my mind. He smiled at me and sighed.

"You really wanna hear me play?" he asked. I nodded and smiled. He rolled his eyes playfully and walked over to his guitar. He picked it up and played each string and adjusted some knobs on it. Then he sat down and put the guitar horizontally on his lap.

"How do you play it?" I asked. He chuckled.

"It takes a lot of practice." he said, "So what song do you want me to play?" he asked, forgetting our recent conversation.

I shrugged, "I dunno. I don't really know any songs." 

"Okay, well I will play you a song I wrote." he said. He started plucking the strings, which made beautiful sounds. I stared at him in awe. It was so amazing how he could do this. And then, he started singing.

"I don't care

If your beautiful lips exist out there

'Cause I'm wonderless

Why the best can't make it in hollywood

No more"

He looked up at me with a smile and then back down at the guitar.

"It's like a long drag taken

Before the smoke hits the white sky

Like the birds at night

And it's fake just like the movies

Oh yeah"

He stopped playing and he looked up at me, but then he looked towards his door. I turned around and saw Mike standing there leaning against the wall.

"Nice job Kellin. You got Vic to play. He hasn't picked up that guitar in a while. At least not outside of band practice." Mike said. I turned back to Vic, who had a shy little smile on his face. I leaned over the guitar and kissed him.