Chapter 3

chapter 3-

Kellins POV:

September 14, 2050

I took my bag and put one of the straps on my shoulder.

"Okay Kellin, go and stand on that mat right there." I did as told and walked over to the mat as Mr. Richardson started pressing buttons. I looked over at my dad. He waved to me and said "Be careful, Kellin." I waved back and said "I will dad. See you soon." Mr. Richardson told me he was gonna transport me to a place not far away from his house. The address said 48 Wallberg Street. He pressed a big red button which shot out a beam of light from the time machine. It hit me and everything around me became really bright. Just then, everything was completely white. 

When the brightness dimmed down I looked around. The first thing I saw was children playing on some giant plastic thing. They were crawling through tubes and climbing up and down ladders. I looked over at a sign that said 'Public Park and Playground'. I had no fucking idea what a playground was but it made me happy to see little kids playing together. There were also cars and houses and things that my dad used to tell stories about when I was little. It worked! I was in 2013! But I didn't have time to look around. I had to find Mr. Richardson's house. I started walking down the middle of a street. As I was walking a car came speeding at me. It stopped short right before it got to me. The driver got out of the car.

"Hey kid, what the fuck are you doing? You could've got yourself killed!" He said. 

"I'm sorry." I said. He actually looked familiar to me. As he started walking back to his car I stopped him, "Wait! Are you Mr. Richardson?"

He turned around and looked at me, "Yea I am..... why?" I took the note out of my bag and gave it to him. He took some time to read through it. After he was done he looked around to make sure no one was watching us, "Get in the car." he said. I did as told and got into the seat next to his.

"Put on your seatbelt." He said. Seatbelt? What the fuck was a seatbelt? They didn't have those in 2050.

"Umm.... okay..... Whats the seatbelt?" I said curiously. He looked at me and laughed a little, "Just forget it." We drove back to his house in silence. I watched as we drove by the houses and buldings and places with people. We got out of the car and walked into his house. I looked around. There were couches and a TV and a wooden table. It was all new to me.

"Hey so.. tomorrow we can go to the high school and register you there. And you can sleep in the guest room upstairs." He said.

"Thanks Mr. Richardson" I said kindly.

He chuckled, "Oh please... call me Kevin." I nodded in approval to that. He showed me around and showed me how everything works. He gave me some new clothes, which were actually cool looking considering he was like around 30. He told me about high school and homework (which sounded like it sucked) and things of that nature. By now it was already midnight so he told me I should get some sleep. I walked upstairs into my room and went to sleep