Rope Around Her Neck

It was 3 a.m.

The Metropolitan Police Department was awfully quiet. It was actually normal since it was nighttime and most of the officers were off in their houses warm and cozy,leaving behind only a few officers to do nightshift like Detective Takagi.

He yawned and looked over at his side where the two shrunken adults were sitting. Conan trying to stay up,while Haibara's head was on his shoulder.

The shrunken adult turned towards the detective and asked:

"So Detective Takagi how's Sato-san and Hoshi-chan?"

Takagi smiled warmly,"Miwako-chan's good and our little star Hoshi is already taking her first steps."

Conan smiled and looked over at Haibara's sleeping face.

"Shinichi-kun,what made you choose Miyano-san over Ran-san?"

Takagi saw as the teen stayed silent. No words spoken.

He finally spoke.

"You may be wondering since I'm a detective and Shiho used to be a BO member and you may think she's a murderer,but she's not a murderer,ahe was force to create that drug,she didn't do it for fun."

"I know. She's not a murderer,but I wanted to know why her? What did you see in her,that you didn't see in Ran?"

Conan sighed and looked over at his girlfriend, " The crush I had on Ran,was just a childish crush that I kept holding on,like Ayumi is doing on hers now. The moment I saw Shiho and learned everything......I yelled at her and blamed her,I even had the fucking urge to strangle her or slap her."

Takagi looked in surprise at the boy's violent thoughts.

"I knew I couldn't,after all I'm a detective.I can't murder even a single soul. Those thoughts left after I saw her cry for her sister... Ever since then I regretted saying those things to her. Everynight I would think about her and all the stuff she's been through. The first time I saw her smile you know what I thought, I thought 'she should smile more often.' After about a few months of knowing her,I started to realized I was falling for Haibara Ai. Miyano Shiho. Sherry. I tried hard to push those feelings back. At that time I was convinced my heart only belonged to Ran. But everytime I was with Ai,my heart would skip a beat and my feelings for Ran just vanished. All that was in my mind was Ai. I couldn't stop thinking of her and always looking at her direction. Heck,I even had one of those dreams and we were in our adult forms.I didn't dream it cause I was horny or lustful. I remember clearly in my dream telling her I love her at the beginning and at the end. I knew inside,even if it was a dream,that I actually meant it. At the end she also said that she loves me and I could see in her eyes love and a little bit of lust,but more clearly there was love. That was evidence that she meant it. It was also my first time dreaming about doing that and I got to say it left a mess on my bed,that I had to clean it up before Ran or Uncle found out. I was afraid to tell Ai my feelings,I got the uneasy thought she didn't feel the same.......turned out she did and we were in the same love boat. She may be feisty,a tsundere,and mysterious,but that's what I love about her. She's not my Watson. She's my Irene. And I'm her Holmes."

Takagi smiled at Conan's confession.

Is this the reason why he never told Ran his secret,though he told all of us? He didn't want to break Ran's heart and make her feel he's been lying to her. Well it seems to me....Ran already knew from the very beginning........

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
One week later

Haibara quietly put on her school uniform as she heard someone open her door to her room.