Envy

en·vy
/ 'envē/

Noun
1. A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possession, qualities, or luck.

——————————————————
But what kind of love?
It had so many faces, so many names.
Jealousy wove it's thread it, and envy and fear.
People died for love and killed for it.
And yet in itself it was indefinable, it wore  whatever passions people brought to it,
Like a mountebank, with no reality of it's own.

                                     ~Charles Todd
——————————————————
(Fixin's POV)
Osaka, Abandoned Building, 12 am

She couldn't sleep.

Not even a wink at all. She turned around in her bed in pure annoyance. Something was bothering her, but she didn't know what. With a grunt, she sat up. The light pattering of the rain hit the window. Suddenly, thunder roared through the sky, followed by a blinding flash of light. After that sirens of a nearby ambulance could be heard.

The 12-year old gave a light sigh.

"Stupid otou-san. Couldn't he picked better beds.", she growled softly, making sure not to wake her fellow roommates who were all sleeping peacefully, while she was struggling with sleep deprivation.

After five minutes of fixing her pillow, she laid on her back and looked up at the roof. Giving another long sigh, she stood up from her bed and just sat there.

"Ai-chan.... "

"Hm?"

The young girl turned to her weary eyes to the bed next to her. The bed was occupied by Ayumi, who seemed to be having a peaceful sleep.

And maybe even a good dream...... Fixin thought, with a tinge of envy as she watched the girl sleep soundly like a newborn.

She kept her gaze locked on Ayumi. The perfect girl. She had everything Fixin wished for. A normal life. Best friends. A great dad. And a mom...... Fixin's mom disappeared right after her birth. Ayumi's perfect life was something that could make any kid in the organization get jealous of her easily.

She looked at her hands, and mentally admitted it.

She was jealous of Yoshida Ayumi.

It was not of her perfect life with friends and wonderful parents. This had to do with love. Ayumi had a crush on Moscato. Who was also Fixin's crush since she was 6, despite the major age difference.
She was afraid that Moscato may fall in love with the 14-year old.
It was rare for Fixin to get jealous. Especially in matters of loveTy
Though she was kinda boiling with green envy, she wasn't the type of girl who would find ways to get rid of the pest. And even if she was, there was no way she could get rid of Ayumi without harming her. The only solution was to give up her crush. That was the only solution.