Chapter 6

It's been three hours, we already have Ironhide's leg done, all we're working on is his paint job, "Now Ironhide we need you to stand up" Tammy asked, when she had to finish touches to his paint, Ironhide stood easily, when he was at his full height I looked at him in aw, his paint job was nice, beautiful and gleaming no more dents no more hole in his leg.

"You're so tall," I said, Tom and Tammy, nodded, "Now Sweetheart, Ironhide needs to go," Tammy said, "What! Why?" I asked confused, "Because Cemetery Wind" Tom explained, "What's that?" I asked, "Those flesh-bags that were chasing me" Ironhide explained, "Oh that explains everything," I said, "Shadow, are you gonna go with Ironhide or stay," Tom asked, "Ironhide," I said, "Now Shadow once you walk into this there is no way out" Tammy explained.

"I know, I'd rather stay with 'Hide instead of gettin' beat," I said, Ironhide chuckled softly, "Okay, here's one thousand dollars," Tom said while handing me a metal suitcase, "Tom, Tammy," I said but I was cut off, "Take it, we'll tell Devin that you came to Dallas with us," Tammy said, "Well, we're going to Dallas," Ironhide said, "Hey that's where we live and why?" Tom said, "That's where my leader is" Ironhide explained, "We could run by the house and grab your clothes and things," Tammy said, "Am I moving out?" I asked, "Today before we came we got full custody of you" Tom explained, "And if Devin has a problem with it, the cops will be with us, we're suppose to call them if we need them" Tammy explained, Ironhide walked out of the barn, and then I heard noises, I ran out of the barn and I saw a black c4500 GMC TopKick with an extended cab, jacked up, and it had two smokers on the back, big black tires, I instantly fell in LOVE, "Ironhide?" I asked, and the truck revved its engine in approval, "You look, BOSS!" I said, and then the passenger door opened.

I ran back in the barn and I grabbed my duffle bag, and I ran back outside to Ironhide and I opened the back door behind the passenger door, and I put my duffle bag in the back, and then I closed the door and I hopped in the passenger seat, the whole interior is smooth leather before I could put the seat belt over me, it snaked over me, "Cool" I said, and then I heard the radio chuckle, "' Hide this is AWESOME" I cheered, I watched as Tom and Tammy got in their truck, and then they backed up and drove towards my house, "Sorry Mom" I said softly while looking at the barn, I felt the seat belt tighten a little like a hug, and then the radio turned on, and then I heard 'Ready Set Roll by Chase Rice' came on, I started to hum along with it.

Soon Ironhide started to drive, I looked over at the driver seat, I saw the steering wheel moving by its self, it reminded me that I have to get used to that, when we got back to my house, Ironhide shut himself off and he undid the seat belt, and he opened the door for me, I hopped out, I saw the Monster standing on the front porch, "Devin, we're here for Shadow's stuff" Tammy said, "I know the judge called me" Monster said, "Devin, Shadow is going to live with us" Tom said, "I know" Monster said, he looked over at Ironhide, "Who's that?" He asked while pointing at Ironhide, "That's mine" Tom said, "Oh, Shadow did you drive that?" Monster asked I nodded, "Oh well good girl" Monster said, Tom walked towards the door, Tammy grabbed my hand and we both walked in the house, and the Monster walked behind me.

Ironhide's POV

I watched as Shadow, walked through the door, and that fragger followed her, I don't want him near my spar... I mean Shadow, I don't feel safe with him around her, I know Tom and Tammy will keep her safe if I could activate my holo form I would walk in with her, but I couldn't cause I would end up killing that flesh-bag that Shadow calls Devin, I sighed in frustration, 'Ironhide keep it together' I thought to myself, and then I saw Shadow walked out of the housing unit with a cardboard box in her servos, I opened one of the back doors for her, and she set the box in, "Shadow! Are you about done?" I asked, "Well I am, Tammy and Tom said that we can go ahead, for 10 miles, that there was a motel, so we have to wait there," Shadow said, I closed the door where she had set the box and I opened the passenger door for her, "Get in the driver seat" I commanded her lightly, she climbed in the passenger seat and then she climbed in the driver seat, I scooted the seat up for her to reach the wheel.

Shadow's POV

When I got in the driver seat, Ironhide scooted the seat up for me, I put my hands on the steering wheel, the wheel was made with smooth gray leather, and my eyes combed the wheel, "Shadow you okay?" Ironhide asked, I nodded, and then my eyes saw the Autobot insignia, I traced it with my finger, "Yah I'm okay" I said, and then Ironhide started to drive, I held on to the steering wheel while he drove.

3 hours later

Me and Ironhide are at the hotel waiting for Tom and Tammy, and then they showed up, Tom got out and then Tammy, they had the back of their truck full of some of my things, I got out of Ironhide, they both ran over to me and they both hugged me, "What happened?" I asked, "Honey Devin is...Dead" Tammy said, I felt my heart drop, he was a jerk but he was still my Dad, he was the only thing I had left, I started to cry and then I started to sob.

And then they let go and then I felt strong arms wrap around me, and then the person picked me up, I thought it was Tom, so I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck and then I nuzzled my head into his neck, I felt a hand go on the back of my head and he started to comb my hair gently, "Hush, Sweetspark" I heard... Ironhide says, "He's...g-gone" I stuttered, "I know" Ironhide soothed, I buried my head in his chest, it wasn't metal, it was warm, and he had human skin.

"Ironhide, how did you become human?" I heard Tammy ask, "It's a holoform, it helps us blend in with humans" Ironhide explained, he then set me on the ground gently, I grabbed his hand, we all walked through the hotel door, a little bell went off when we walked through, Ironhide held my hand so gently, I love Ironhide he's my best friend!

Tom and Tammy got 2 rooms, they told me I could stay with Ironhide, Ironhide didn't care as long as I was with him he didn't care, neither did I when me and Ironhide got to our room, Ironhide unlocked the door and he then opened the door for me, I walked in, and then Tammy walked in the room, she had my duffle bag over her shoulder, "Here you are honey" Tammy said and she set the bag down and she walked out of the room closing the door behind her, leaving me and Ironhide alone! I looked at Ironhide, he walked over to the bed and he plopped down. Oh yeah did I mention there is only ONE bed in the room! I ran over to the bed and I plopped on beside Ironhide, who wrapped an arm around me, and he pulled me closer to him, "Kid, I have you know that you are the first human femme that I actually like" Ironhide said, I snuggled into his chest, he smelled like diesel, gunpowder, and then cool metal, I heard Ironhide hum, my eyes started to drop, "Now Sweetspark you recharge, we have a LONG journey ahead of us" I heard Ironhide say softly.