1:19

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER NINETEEN ]

Klaus remained unconscious in St

Klaus remained unconscious in St. Anne's church, Rhea had taken to repeatedly slapping him around the face in an attempt to wake him up— and it was also a way to get out her built up anger towards the hybrid.

"You know, as much as you hit him, I don't think he's going to wake up." Ares told his sister, who merely slapped the hybrid round the face even harder.

"It's surprisingly therapeutic." She told her brother who chuckled,

"You're a sick sadist, Rhea."

Getting bored of slapping Klaus, Rhea huffed and sank down to her knee's beside him, "The one time we actually need him." She muttered to herself.

As if on cue, Klaus' phone started to ring, reaching into his pocket to retrieve it, upon seeing the caller ID— she answered, putting it on speaker for Ares to hear.

"Camille?"

"Rhea? Why are you answering Klaus' phone?"

Sighing, Rhea replied, "Because I can't wake him up."

"What? Elijah collapsed too, what's going on?" The blonde sounded alarmed, Rhea thought for a moment about what this could mean, but Ares was already one step ahead.

"Oh, that clever son of a bitch." He paused, "The spell you saw him doing was to trap his brothers."

Realisation dawned on Rhea and dread flooded over her like a tidal wave, "Meaning Kol's in trouble."

Cami gasped from the other end of the phone, "What do we do?"

Looking to her brother, who shrugged in reply, Rhea replied, "I have no idea."

It seemed like forever, until Klaus finally came back to the land of the living— but when he did, Rhea was quick to ask, "What happened? Is Kol okay?"

Klaus scoffed, "I'm fine, thank you for your concern. The same, however, cannot be said for those friends of Davina's you promised to protect, oh, and the people of the French Quarter. Now, I can stand here and explain to you the specifics, or you can show a little trust and come with me."

"Trust? You? Never— but fine, lets go. We're the ones who've been waiting for you to come out of your afternoon nap, old man." And with that, Rhea walked out of the church.

Klaus smiled, turning to Ares, "Still quite the spitfire when she wants to be, isn't she?"

"Niklaus, that might just be the only thing I've agreed with you on, since I came back to the land of the living."