S e v e n

Patricia's P.O.V

"Well, well, well." I chuckled as I looked away from him, a bitter smirk curving up on my lips. "It's really brave of you to show your face to me."

"Look, babe. I'm—"

"Sorry? Yeah. Isn't it your favorite word?" I called the bartender in-charge and ordered beer. "You always say that to me. But I don't think every time you say it is sincere, is it?"

"Please just listen, okay? Just this one time? Please?" Tyler said while looking at me with pleading eyes.

Just let him explain, Pat.

I nodded for him to speak and he sighed in relief.

"Patricia, since the incident that happened— You witnessed it. I regret seeing the pain in your eyes. I'm at fault, I know. I would be shameless to as for your forgiveness now, it's all up to you. I'm sorry." Tyler held my hands, making me look at him.

Am I ready to forgive him?

Well, he hurt you a lot.

Yes, he did.

No, you should forgive him. It'll be a lot better to let go of the pain he has caused you and just move on with life happily.

That's the better option.

"Okay. I forgive you, Tyler. But this doesn't change anything between us, okay? We'll stay friends."

Tyler quickly hugged me and breathed out in relief. I hugged him back with a smile.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him.

"I missed you, Pat." He whispered on my ear. I smiled and patted his back before pulling away from him.

"I missed you too, Ty." I said with a smile before walking away from him.

I really feel better now.

It's like a heavy burden was lifted up from my shoulders.

I know I chose the right option.

I walked out of the mansion and went to the garden.

I don't know how I sense things but I felt something wrong in this area. I stopped on my tracks and looked around when my vision turned white—

Damon was biting Caroline on her neck. His eyes weren't the crystal blue orbs that shine under the moon, they were dark and hideous.

He pulled away from Caroline and suddenly spitted out blood before becoming unconscious. Stefan appeared before them and quickly held Caroline, making her look into his eyes.

"You will not remember this happened. You will go home now and clean your neck, don't remember that you did that. You will tell your mother and friends that you went home because you felt sick." Stefan said.

Caroline robotically left while Stefan picked Damon up before disappearing into the darkness.

I breathed out heavily as I looked around in panic.

What the hell.

I think it happened already. Shit.

I quickly went back inside and met Matt on the way.

"Hey Matt. Can you give me a lift at home? Elena left without me." I said with pleading eyes. He kindly smiled before nodding.

"Yeah. Of course, sure. I'm not gonna let you go home yourself either." He said, taking my hand and led me to his truck.