Dragons and Wyrms

^^ Damian and Titus ^^

--- Damian's POV ---

I walked into my fourth class of the day, after lunch, which was rather pleasant, an sat on a bench. We were next to the woods, seated in front of a cabin.

Geoffrey was there, glaring at me, but one cold look from me had him scrambling to sit farther away. Pera was also there, but seemed distracted, and morose. 'I wonder what my sister said to her...'

The little one, Sam, my fourth roommate, was there as well, and sat next to me. I smiled slightly and cringed as my heart fire began to burn an odd color. Tiny spots of red and white appeared on my crystal flame. They indicated interest.

The teacher, a giant of a man, easily bigger than Titus and Vulcan, stepped out of the cabin slowly, his steps booming. He grinned, his beard twitching amusingly. "ALLO CLASS!" He boomed out, laughing loud enough I cringed, my sensitive ears wiggling.

He lowered his voice. "I'm Mr. James Norberta. Make fun of my name, I'll make fun of your squished skulls. Call me sir, or James. I am your bestiary teacher. I'm here to teach about the different monsters, demons, and beasts of the world. Any questions?"

"Are you half Giant?" I asked.

He nodded. "Good spot, mr. Dragon Prince sir! Absolutely I am! On me mothers side, can ye imagine? Now! It's the first day, so what you're all going to do is study one beast in my wonderful woods! You may attempt to tame it, but I don't recommend that on your first day. Any more questions? No? Good!! Let's begin."

He started lumbering into the woods, and I followed easily, Sam hiding behind me. He stopped after a while and said in a normal persons voice, his whisper. "See that? That there's a pack o' wild BloodHounds. One of the hardest to train, and one of the most loyal if you manage." He said.

A large pack of black dogs were in the clearing, tearing into a deer carcass. They looked up, and growled, sniffing. I waved a hand, and our scents were removed from the clearing. They grumbled and went back to eating the deer carcass.

He nodded. "Now. Today, you all are going to try to tame one." He said.

Sam squeaked, and the dogs heads shot up. A few split off and began pacing towards us, and I growled lowly, so they could hear. Then I hissed in draconian, "heel."

They flattened their ears in aggression, and launched forward. I caught the biggest one to the chest, and slammed it down, roaring in its face, but blocking the sounds from the meadow so the other Hounds weren't able to hear.

I roared in Draconian again, a language all animals inherently understood and obeyed. "Submit!"

The Giant Hound whimpered and went limp. I stood, and snapped my fingers, and it slowly stood, licking my ankles. I smiled. "Enough, boy... Hmm... You need a name... You're big, bigger than your brothers. I'll call you Titus." He huffed and pranced happily, and I smirked, then looked at Sam, only to find him barely holding off his own Hound. It was licking him enough to drown him.

I froze, then couldn't control the giggle that left my mouth. Sam grinned and then coughed "oh gods my mouth was open, enough, girl!" The bitch heeled, sitting next to him as he got the slobber off of himself slowly. I waved a hand, and it all fell off.

I smiled. "You've done this before?"

"No, animals just... Do that, with me. Oh no... Seems were about to lose a Prince..." He said, pointing.