Spilt Blood

--- James's POV ---

I stood on the deck of the ship, watching the Western Isles come closer. The captain, sir Davos, gripped my shoulder with his mangled hand. "Aye, that's the Western Isles, boy. Mind yourself. The king has been on a Witch-Hunt for Acadians ever since the Prince of Acadia attacked his son." He said, nodding deeply.

"I remember. Damien told me the Prince attacked first, and he didn't harm him too much." I grinned.

He blinked. "You know the prince of Acadia?"

"I'm his Swords Master." I said, then snagged a runaway rope, hauling easily and pulling the mainsail up with minimum Effort, around 600 pounds.

He slowly processed that. "Alright. Well, best watch yerself, then. The Kings Men will likely tear you apart if they hear that."

"I'm here as a royal Emissary, issuing a formal Apology. They wouldn't Dare." I grinned, and handed the rope to a sailor. "Here, my fare." I flicked the captain a piece of unmarked gold.

He caught it in his good hand, and tucked it in his vest. "Interesting... And the Prince is proud enough to try, even if you don't give him cause. Don't."

I nodded. "I'll try not to rile him up too much."

He sighed. "It's your head." He shrugged. He turned to the crew. "ALRIGHT BOYS, HAUL 'ER IN!" He shouted.

---

I was stopped as soon as I stepped onto the dock by two royal guards. "What's your business in Kings Landing, outsider?" One asked.

"I am a royal Emmisary to King Jacob of Acadia, here to speak with King Robert Baratheon." I said with as much authority as I could.

They looked at one another, then back at me, grinning. "An Acadian, huh? You know there's a bounty on all Acadians, in our country... A hundred silver stags..." One said, leveling his spear. "Dead or alive..."

I smiled. "Would you like to be the man who starts a war?" I said softly. "Killing a royal emissary is an act of war." I explained at his perplexed look.

He took a step back in fear, realizing. I nodded as the second spoke. "Only if they miss you."

"I'm the prince of Acadia's swords Master. I'll be missed, and I have contacts that are already reporting the fact that I have arrived." I shrugged, pushing his spear away from my throat. "Now that that's that, how about an escort to the king?" I asked politely.

---

I stopped in front of the throne, and bowed. "King Baratheon, Sir James Alan of Acadia, Royal Emissary to King Jacob of Acadia, humbly presents himself."

The king squinted at me. "You don't have the hair or eyes of an Acadian Demon Bastard... Where are you from?"

I frowned. "I am an Acadian Knight, born and raised in Castle Acadian, and trainer of Princes and Princesses. And not all Acadians are demons, only about 15%. And even fewer Bastard's." I said tightly.

He grunted. "Fine. Then why are you here?"

"Three reasons. First, my king wishes me to request of you to cease your hunting Acadians down and slaughtering them like pigs, men, women, and children alike. It is vile, and cruel, and completely unprovoked, and you are lucky he has not declared war already." I said tensely, glaring at him through my thick golden eyelashes.