Where are the Ice and Penguins?

(I'm not sorry for killing Damian off. I'm a writer. We're cold hearted sumbitches. And he came back, better than ever, so it's fine, isn't it?)

^^ Jason's Mom, Mia, child of Ares.^^

--- Lilly's POV ---

I giggled in excitement as the boat started moving. I looked at Jason. "So. How long to get there?"

"About 3 days at this vessels speeds." He said. "It usually only takes a day, but We'll be traveling at half speed, so you can see the islands along the way. My favorite is Rio De Janeiro. The entire city survived, it's the biggest island in the American Archipelagos, next to Machu Pichu and Tenochtitlan. The giant statue of the false god still stands, too."

I blinked. "Why? Wouldn't that have been blasphemy?"

"No, see, Apollo, God of Medicine, and also the Muses, protected all the art of the world. It's why Art is where most of our history came from. The gods each protected a certain thing that represented their... Niche."

"I see..." I nodded. "Amazing."

"Yes. Oh! Here coming up already is the old Government building that ruled all of the American Continent!" He said, and there was a huge white building, half submerged, with a single flag on top, red and blue and white, with many stars.

"The American Flag?" I asked, amazed.

"Yep. It's survived 1070 years or so. Amazing, huh? The gods really liked America, so most of it's people survived, which is why the entire world speaks either English or Draconic as a first language." He said.

I smiled. "Amazing... I'm already seeing new things... I love this." I hugged him. It felt appropriate.

He smiled. "You're about to miss Phili."

I shrugged.

He laughed. "Alright, I'll stand still until you're done."

"Hug me, moron." I punched his kidney sharply.

He groaned in pain and wrapped his arms around me. "Geez, okay, alright. So pushy."

I smiled. "Punk." I kissed his nose.

"Brat." He kissed my nose in retaliation.

We were aware of our audience, and played along after our real argument, keeping it going. We'd have been happy to just kiss each other's noses. The sensation wasn't as much pleasant as it was amusing to watch the other twitch their nose afterwards.

"Jerk." I kissed his lips.

"Bit-" I bit his tongue, halting his words, and smiled, releasing him.

"Loser." I shrugged, and turned my back, leaning against his strong chest. I enjoyed his familiar heat. It was like a bed I'd just gotten out of. Comfortable. Gentle. Perfect.

He wrapped his arms around me, and set his Chin on my head. "Shorty." He snickered lightly. I elbowed his other kidney. He hissed. "Ouch, alright, okay. Hmm... There's not much else to see today, just Pennsylvania and Florida. Ft. Lauderdale is cool and all, but mostly ruins by now. It was the first Spanish settlement of America, back when they thought they discovered it. Columbus and all." He smiled.