The Death of Damian

^^ New Damian ^^ (you'll see)

--- Raksamha's POV ---

I looked at him with cold eyes, steeling my resolve. My kingdom was more important than my heart. "I always told my father, that If my people needed it, I would rip my own heart out, and now, it seems, I must..." I said softly, preparing my swords. "Draw your blade."

He remained inert, watching me with a look between love and shock. I hissed, then roared. "DRAW YOUR BLADE, COWARD!"

He smiled, and spoke in the gentlest voice I had ever heard from him. "Will you Marry me?"

I blinked in shock. "You... Do you not realize what position we are in? I must either kill you or die for my kingdom, now stop your foolishness, and PICK UP YOUR DAMN SWORD!!!" I roared, scratching my blades together, creating sparks, breathing heavily.

He smiled. "I will not. I've not the strength to do so, before your heavenly visage. My purpose for winning this war is in front of me. I care not what else happens." He shrugged, eyes never flinching.

I growled at him, and his father spoke. "Son."

"Yes, father?" He asked, never looking away.

"Do you wish peace?" His father asked him. I blinked and stole a glance at my father, who was frowning, obviously thinking hard.

"Will peace make you happy, Sam?" Damian asked me.

I frowned. "Of course! It is all I wish!"

"Then yes, I want peace, father."

"Then you must kill him." King Acadian said softly.

He was silent for a moment. Then Damian smiled. "I choose war. Endless war."

I flinched, and roared, finally just charging him. My sword touched the skin over his heart, and melted/shattered. He captured me in his arms, and kissed me passionately.

I struggled mightily.

Then a little less mightily.

Then I quit struggling.

He pulled away. "It seems we both got what we wanted."

He slowly fell backwards, eyes dulling, and I blinked in confusion. "My sword melted, how could it have..." I looked at his heart, and froze. His heart was impaled by his own blade, and the handle placed in my hand.

I let go, and stumbled back, falling on my behind. "H-how? What? Why? WHY!?" I crawled back to him, and tried to pull the sword out, but it was too heavy. Even as a legacy of Ares, I couldn't lift that much.

His father grasped the weapon and hefted it, arm bulging with effort. It clattered off to the side, and he looked at my father. "It seems... That Your son has won this death battle. My forces will retreat... But this is not over, Torusamha Vashni." He said quietly. Then he grabbed Damian's body, but I clung to it, and he hissed. "Release him!"

I let go in shock, and sat on the ground, silent tears staining my face. They left slowly, a funeral procession.

My tears eventually dried. I replaced my mask with deft fingers, and my hood, then sheathed my remaining sword. I knelt below my father on his throne.

"My Emperor... I have done my duty." I said, my heart slowly dying with the understanding that I had just forced my lover to kill himself, or perhaps I'd done it. Who knew? Who cared...