Piracy is Lucrative

--- Lilly's POV ---

I shifted, dropping Jason, and bent my knees from the 50 meter drop, feeling my spine creak. He landed beside me, also bending his knees.

I stood slowly. "Alright. Lesson learned. You have a reason when you, the impatient one, tell me to wait." I nodded.

He shrugged. "Told you s-"

My hand was over his mouth. "No. No told you so's. I have 98 sisters to do that to me." I said.

He shrugged again. "Eh. Now you have a boyfriend to do it as well."

I sighed, then I looked up, and my jaw dropped. He snickered, but let me stare. The walls were miles away, and it seemed like an entire second city, right under the first one.

Certain thick square buildings went all the way to the roof as structural supports, and the entire cavern was filled with Godly energy that tasted of Poseidon. I shivered as I felt it reject me.

Jason wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and the feeling went away, staved off by his presence. I laid my head on his shoulder in thanks. He smiled. "Welcome to the real Polis. The one on top is just a decoy. If you'd looked closer, you'd've seen there were only a few thousand people in the city. Here? Close to 75,000."

I grinned. "It's beautiful..."

"Yes. A son of Poseidon built it a long time ago, as in before the world cracked. The historians found mentions of 'La Cueva Del Arco Iris', back to almost 6,000 years ago. It's the oldest surviving Human made Monument to the Gods. A son of Poseidon made it in Iris's name, as a tribute to his love of her and her work. As such, it was spared, when the world cracked." He said.

"The Cave of Arcing Light? Rainbows?" I asked. "I see the light, the reflected blue from the sea paints the white town blue, but-"

He nodded. "Look up."

I looked up, and gasped. I sharpened my vision, and could make out trillions of tiny crystals, rainbow in color. They were dark now, almost no light hitting them, but when the sun got low enough, purple light, blue from the sea and red from the sun, would hit them, and make what I'm guessing would be trillions of rainbows. I smiled. "Meine gods..." I whispered.

He simply held me as I reveled in the idea. "Brace yourself." He said, and I looked up, to see a woman sprinting towards us. I saw the several braids and golden medallions in her hair, and saw the resemblance with Jason.

"Your mother, I presume?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes."

She drew a saber, and I laughed, which perhaps wasn't the smartest thing to do. When she reached us, she disappeared, and I felt her presence behind me. I calmly flipped behind her and wrapped her in gentle arms, disarming her in one fluid movement.

I smiled when she froze. "Hola, Madre de Jason. Yo soy Lilly, Princess of Acadia."

I handed her her sword, and went back to hug Jason, who was struggling to hold in a laugh. He failed, and laughed uproariously, slapping his thigh.

She glared, then the ice cracked, and she chuckled. "Alright, perhaps you're not completely useless... And we don't speak much Spanish around here. Only choice occasions. I'm Mia. Come on. Low tide is in an hour or so, we can talk until Jason's father returns. He was going to greet you at the Docks."

I smiled. "Whoops."

She laughed. "Ooh, I like her, Jaybird."

He blushed. "Mamá!!" He frowned.