The Island of Burk

^^ Gwen in casual clothes ^^

--- Gwen's POV ---

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning in pain. My entire body felt like one giant bruise. I slowly sat up, stretching my protesting body. I looked around, and realized I was in a room I didn't recognize.

Someone stirred in the chair next to the bed, and I smiled. "Hey, Pera. You okay?" I asked.

Then I noticed the cuts and bruises on her face and shoulder. I beckoned with a finger, and she silently approached. I pulled her into my lap, and traced them without touching.

"Whip marks.... Chloe..." I snarled.

She shook her head. "It's fine. I deserved it." She said softly, and laid her face in the crook of my neck. "I was so stupid, trying to outdo you like that... And holding a grudge like that for months... I'm so sorry..."

I smiled and nuzzled her ear. "I'm fine, and soon you will be too. All is done." I waved a hand gently, and her wounds started closing, her pain disappearing instantly. I hesitantly dipped my head down to capture her lips, and she blushed, pecking my lips before closing her eyes and blushing even more.

I laughed and kissed her deeply, pulling her fully into the bed. "I've been waiting for that kiss for a few months." I grinned.

She blushed and mumbled something, and I made out 'seductress', making me giggle. She smiled, and I laid back down, pulling her with me.

I smiled and she smiled back. "You're almost too pretty, you know. It's horribly unfair." She said.

I chuckled. "How so?"

She blushed again, and I grinned, then groaned in annoyance. "I wanna sleep but I don't wanna sleep... Are we in your room?"

She just nodded. I hummed and closed my eyes, smiling. A few minutes later she sat up partially, resting her chin on her elbow. "Hey... Wanna come home with me? I-I mean, not like, 'come home with me', just y'know, ... Visit my home. With me." She stuttered and mumbled.

I smiled and kissed her nose. "Why not?" I grinned.

She smiled and snuggled into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, and realized her left leg was dangling off the bed. I pulled all of her onto the bed, and she flinched. I smiled and kissed her forehead. "That can't be comfortable?" I asked.

"It's fine... I didn't want to gross you out." She shrugged morosely.

I hummed and nodded. "Not happening. I'm a demon. Some of my uncles and aunts have glowing red skin and frog eyes, you're never going to gross me out. Just... Never." I shivered.

She giggled. "Seriously?"

"Absolutely serious." I nodded.

She laughed. "Okay." She nodded, and slowly brought her leg up onto the mattress. I smiled and hummed a song in German, 'who will move our runes'. It was a beautiful song when sung, but too loud for this situation. It was also accompanied by war drums. So not in a small room.

She sighed in pleasure and cuddled into my chest. I smiled at her, and kissed her forehead, continuing until we both fell asleep.

---

"Alright boys! HEAVE!" I cried, pulling the top sail up with a rope. They hauled with me, and quickly tied off the rope. We glided towards the docks, pushing small chunks of ice out of the way.

I grinned, and whistled to the Lookout, who laughed. "We're home, boys! Four cheers for the sight of our own taverns and ale!"

"ALE! ALE! ALE! ALE!" They cheered, and I laughed.