Chapter 2

Chris POV

"Chris! Lunch is ready!" My grandmother said through the intercom. I sighed and got up, putting my sketchbook away.

I've been staying with my grandparents lately and that was a personal decision. I don't exactly fuck with my parents right now so my grandparents are the next best thing.

"Thank you nonna. Where is Mona?" I asked, walking into the kitchen. I grabbed my plate and took a seat at the island.

"At dance practice. My little ballerina." She smiled. It's so cute how after all these years in America, her accent is still strong and she stay speaking broken English.

"That's cool." I mumbled then started eating. My nonna's cooking is definite the best in the family.

"You know, tua madre called me this morning. She misses you." She leaned forward on the island, leaning on her forearms.

"I'm not going back nonna. At least not until I want. I'm a really quiet a good child but there's just so much a kid can take. I naturally have the attitude of an adult but I don't have patience to deal with two child like adults." I said 

"Aw, my bambino. They're still your parents nipote." She said.

"I mean yeah I know that. I'm just gonna let them do them for now. Get a divorce for all I care, I don't give a fuck." I shrugged.

"Yes you do Chris." She laughed. I rolled my eyes but smirked.

"All I know is, I wouldn't want to get divorced once I'm married. People really misuse marriage and what it means because they have the option of divorce. I believe you get married to the person you can't live without and everyday in your marriage you're suppose to feel that way." I stated.

"I get what your saying bambino but you can't understand until you get in a serious relationship." She said. She took my empty plate away and put it in the sink.

"I was though. Surprisingly I loved her and everything. She went on vacation, came back, then tried to put her pregnancy on me. I already knew it wasn't mine but I was just like damn. I really liked this bitch and she cheated on me. You think I'm boyfriend material nonna?" I asked her. She looked from side to side and sipped get wine.

"No Chris." She said. The fuck? I think I'm a dope ass nigga.

"I don't think you can emotionally handle a girl. Like you prefer silence and drawing and girls like excitement and they like I guy that reflects their emotions. You're a really mature and closed off person." She said.

"But being closed off blocks bullshit from coming into my life or after it comes and leaves, I'm straight." I shrugged.

"You sound just like Louis when we first met." She chuckled.

"Nonno is an asshole." I stated which is true. My grandfather don't give a fuck.

"Yeah except when he's around you kids."

"Nah, when we were younger he was coo but now he's more blunt than our parents. Even to Ava who isn't his blood." I said. It's always funny when he's around cause he ends up cussing one of us out.

"Yeah I saw when we went to Italy. Ugh, I miss it." She mumbled.

"I've honestly never seen you more happy than when you were there."

"Yeah I love it there but Louis wouldn't even think about moving there." She sighed.

"I don't know, he might. If it really makes you happy he would. He's obsessed with your happiness." I told her which is true.