Chapter 20

~Christmas Time~

Loriana POV

It's finally winter break and I've finished all of my finals which is a huge relief. My test were super easy for me and I know I already passed with flying colors. I'm just glad that I've successfully completed my first semester in college and I'm anticipating my second.

I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm pregnant and that I should look at it as a blessing from God. It's weird to think that a human being is growing inside of me, but that's what's happening.

When my mom told my dad about me being pregnant, he called me non stop and I didn't pick up any of his phone calls. I ignored him for a good week until he sent me a scary ass email about coming up here and embarrassing me in front of people. So I finally picked up the phone and he cussed me out in English and Spanish. He expressed about how disappointed he is and he made sure he made it clear to me that Rodney is no longer welcome in his house and if he sees Rodney on the property, he will personally shoot him. My dad doesn't have to worry about that because me and Rodney are no longer together.

We broke up because all we would do is fight and argue and we honestly just didn't see eye to eye anymore. Shit just isn't the same as before and it sucks but it is what it is. Life must go on and for now, I can only focus on school and my baby.

The only time me and Rodney speak is when he's checking up on me and making sure that I'm good. I know he's not just gonna leave me knocked up with his child and that's a good thing.

"Here we go." Ricky said as he drove through the gates and drive up the driveway towards the house. I've only been gone for 4 weeks but it feels like forever.

"You gonna go home Ricky? I think you should since you been in D.C. For so long." I said as he parked the car in front of the house.

"I actually am. Your father gave me two weeks of paid time off." He said, getting out of the car.

I opened my door and got out of the car. I close the door and then grabbed my luggage. I walked up to the door and was surprised to see it unlocked. That's rare.

I walked into the house and it seemed pretty normal to me. The housekeeper is over and she was currently moping the foyer floors so I saw her first. I took my shoes off and left my luggage by the door. I made sure to walked through the dining area and big living room in order to avoid walking through the foyer.

"Mi amor! Welcome home sweetie!" Lucia exclaimed, enthusiastically once she saw me come into the kitchen

"Hi Lucia. I missed you." I said, hugging her. Lucia is for real my second mom. Sweetest old lady ever.

"I missed you too. Oh my, you're glowing." She said, touching my cheeks.

"I know. Where are my parents?" I asked.