Chapter 16

Loriana POV

The house all day has been noisy as hell because it's Thanksgiving day so all the family is over. All the ladies are cooking and the men are probably in the game room doing whatever. Little kids running all over the place and shit. This all just really gives me anxiety and makes me want to actually just be alone. Maybe read a book.

"Babe, you good?" Rodney asked as he rubbed my leg as it rested against his lap as I laid on the couch.

"I'm just anxious and I have a really bad headache." I mumbled.

"You haven't eaten all morning. Maybe you should eat then take some type of medicine." He suggested.

"Nah." I shook my head.

"You so damn hard headed. Fuck around and starve yourself to death." Rodney said.

"Let me be hard headed in peace."

"You're annoying. Don't complain about a headache then take no action towards making it better." He snapped. Well then.

"Ima just try and figure out who you're talking to." I said then rolled my eyes. "Bitch." I mumbled under my breath.

"Get up." He said sternly then tapped my leg. I swung my leg off of his lap and he stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Away from you. I don't get what's going on with you Lori cause you've been acting like this for a good minutes these days. I try and ask you what's good and in return you give attitude. If I didn't ask, then you would say I don't care." He said. He actually held confusion in his eyes which makes me feel bad.

I have told Rodney nothing about me possibly being pregnant and I'm honestly scared on how he would react. He already has a child and I doubt that he wants another one. This is just a messy situation that I'm hoping will end once I take a pregnancy test and it comes out negative.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"Loriana, what's wrong with you. I know there is something wrong cause you've had the same attitude for weeks. What's up?" He asked.

"I can't tell you right now." I said. He scoffed and shook his head.

"But I bet you told that Avery nigga." He said. I stayed quiet and broke our eye contact. "You're full of jokes." He said thenwalked away from me and went the direction of the stairs.

5 minutes later, he came back with his keys in his hand. He didn't even spare me a glance as he grabbed his phone then walked out.

I honestly don't know why I don't just tell Rodney but I can't muster up the courage to do it. I never thought that I would be stuck in this position; wondering if I'm pregnant or not. I groaned and stood up. I walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge. I grabbed one of the Naked drinks then walked out. Last thing I want to do is be around grown women gossiping.

As I was walking past the front door, Avery came through and he had a bag in his hand.

"Just the girl I was looking for. I got you what you asked for." He said. I smiled and took the bag from him.

"You really went and bought a test?" I asked, shocked.

"Fuck no. My mom has these stocked up so I just took one. She won't miss it." He said making me laughed. I jogged up the stairs with him following. This test better come out negative.

...

"Can you stop pacing? You literally just took the test. You have to chill out for the next 5 minutes." Avery said. I hugged and sat on my bed.