Chapter 40 - Final Chapter

Dre POV

"I'm tired." Lori whispered to me, as our pastor preached.

"Stay up. Service almost over." I wrapped my arm around her, bringing her closer.

Lori was out at the club till 2 am this morning, and I didn't have a problem with it as long as she got home safe. I wasn't even gonna pick her up for church, but she insisted on going today. She should've just stayed home cause I can tell she's tired as hell.

Once the service was over, we walked out of the sanctuary to the lobby and tried not to get lost in the large crowd of people. I have a planned lunch date with Lori so I'm not trying to get stopped to have conversations.

"My feet killing me in these heels Dre." Lori complained.

"Did you bring flats with you? We're going out after we leave here." I said, looking down at the yellow red bottom pumps she had on. High ass shoes but still small as hell.

"In the car. I think I left a pair from last time we went out." She said. I nodded and proceeded to the exit.

"Dre!" I groaned and turned around to see who called me. A nigga just tryna go eat with his shorty.

"Veronica?" I asked, looking at the smiling face of a girl I used to mess with a few years back.

"Yeah! Look at you!" She said all excited and reached in for a hug but I had to reject that. "Oh wow. Didn't know we like that now." She chuckled.

"When you get back?" I asked.

"Monday. Surprise!" She laughed. I just nodded, already not interested.

Me and Veronica rocked for a good minute but she was never the type of girl I would date or put enough effort into trying to date. We just ended up fucking a lot and she had a nigga at the time so I knew shorty would never be for me. She broke up with the nigga and wanted to be with me but I had to let that go at that moment. I don't wanna date someone who cheated on their ex with me.

"Who's this?" She asked, looking Lori up and down slightly.

"This is my girl, Loriana." I said.

"Aww. She's pretty."

"Thank you." Lori said quietly. She started moving her legs around, reminding me her feet bout to give out in them shoes.

"Aught we're leaving. Welcome back...I guess." I shrugged. I walked away from Veronica and out of the church building.

"Who was she?" Lori asked as we approached my car. I opened her door and let her sit with her feet out so I could change her shoes for her.

"Honestly, we used to fucked a few years back. She wanted to be in a real relationship and that was the end of that. No good." I shrugged. I grabbed her flats from the back seat and proceeded to switch her shoes.

"Where we going?" She asked.

"Lunch real quick. Then probably head to my house to take a nap. Then we got dinner at Anthony's." I said. She nodded and sat properly in her seat. I stood up and closed her door.

•••

"These quesadillas hittin." Lori said, obviously loving her food more than me.

"Lori, what do you think about going back to school? I think you're too smart to not be in school and the younger you do it, the better." I advised.

"Uhm, I've been thinking about it. I really do want to, I've just been procrastinating." She shrugged.

"So spring semester you going back? We got a deal?" I asked, holding my hand out to her.