Chapter 5

Tyrese POV

I decided to not fly back to Chicago with everybody else and instead I flew myself to Los Angeles. While I was in Cuba, Aniah actually called me acting right and asked me to come to Cali so we can talk.

All I'm really interested in is getting time with my son and the time be fair. Shit, I done already missed almost 13 years of his life. Aniah better act right and if she even thinks about putting me on child support, I'll put her ass on life support.

"Hey." I looked up from my phone to see Aniah and Andre taking a seat at the table. We decided to meet at Cheesecake cause a nigga is hungry.

"Hey." I mumbled. "Wassup man?" I asked Andre with more enthusiasm, dapping him up.

"Hey dad! I finished football camp so now I'm just bored." He said.

"Come to my place. You're never bored there and your cousins are all home this time around." I told him. That's when Aniah cleared her throat.

"So, let's talk about how we're gonna handle this." She said, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Aniah, if we're gonna talk then let talk and look me in my eyes when you speak to me. Stop the petty and childish shit." I said, before starting this whole conversation.

"Yeah, whatever." She rolled her eyes.

She's pregnant. She pregnant. She's pregnant. I kept repeated it in my head to refrain from saying some disrespectful shit.

"Well, Andre is about to enter the 8th grade when school starts up again. I don't want to uproot his life up much so I think it's pretty obvious that he'll still go to school here. Plus his sports and everything." She started and I already have to stop her.

"That wasn't obvious to me. Why can't he come live with me and start school and football over in Chicago?" I asked her.

"His whole life is here in Los Angeles. You can't just change everything." She said.

"Well everything can't stay the same Aniah. So when would I get him?" I asked.

"Well, every other vacation sounds sufficient." She shrugged.

"You're not serious right now." I scoffed. "So you hide my child from me then when I'm trying to be in his life, you're trying to take him out again." I shook my head.

"Well he needs stability in his life Tyrese. I can't be flying him back and forth." She said.

I'm not even hungry anymore. I want to rash Aniah so bad but Andre is sitting right here and I don't want him to see his mother cry.

"Actually, Andre is old enough to decide for himself who he wants to live with. It's his life we're talking about anyways." I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"He's no way in hell old enough to decide something like this." Aniah said all dramatic and shit. Like calm down and sit on a dick for Christ sake.

"Mom, I'm about to be 13 next month, I want to be able to choose since I do have an option." Andre spoke up.

"You're not grown Andre!" Aniah raised her voice.

"Nah son, you can choose. Who do you want to live with primarily. You'll still see the both of us but who do you want to live with?" I asked.

It was silent at the table as Andre thought about it. I don't want him to feel pressured about anything so whatever decision he chooses, I'm fine with.

"I want to go live with dad honestly. I love you mom but like, I want to be able to develop more of a relationship with dad since I just met him and everything. I also want to get close to my other family. Plus, you are expecting and you have Clara so you technically won't be lonely." Andre said. I smirked, excited that my son was gonna live with me.