Chapter 36

Dre POV

I used my key to unlock the front door to my parents house. I have this whole day free so I just decided to drive over here and spend the day here. Anytime I come to my parents house, I get pampered by my mom cause she gets so excited that I'm home.

"Momma!" I yelled throughout the house as I walked around, looking for her.

"Hey Dre." My little sister Lisa said, walking while typing away on her phone.

"What's up? Where's mom?" I asked.

"She should be outside with dad. I don't know what they're doing." She shrugged then walked away.

I made my way to the backyard and found my parents cuddling on the patio sofa with some lemonades and my dad smoking a blunt, to no surprise.

"Yo, yo." I announced my presence.

"Hey Dre, you're back. Two days in a row, this is special." My mom said. I bent over and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. I then rapped up my dad.

I sat in the seat across from them and made myself comfortable. I swung my keys around in my hand while tapping my foot.

"I have the whole day free, so I might as well spend it here. What have y'all been up to?" I asked.

"Nothing. Trying to convince your mom to go on a vacation with me." My dad said and my mom smirked while rolling her eyes.

"Where?" I asked.

"Brazil, where we spent our honeymoon. We never do shit for our anniversary these days, so I want to be lit for our 24th." My dad said. I smirked and shook my head.

"I hate traveling these days. I have kids man, I can't up and leave. Who will watch them?" My mom asked my dad.

"We have a whole grown ass 23 year old son. He's able." My dad volunteered me. Hold up...

"I also work pops. I can't babysit them. Shit, Candace is grown enough to watch Nicky and Lisa. I'll watch over Zack though. Y'all should go on the trip and have some fun."

"I guess. So, what's been going on in your life son?" My mom asked me.

"I do have this one issue I want to talk to y'all about. It's concerning a female." I said. My mom perked up and smiled.

"A girl? You have a female in your life? Since when? Who is it? What's her name?" My mom bombarded me with questions.

"Chill ma, damn. I don't exactly have a female in my life. Like, she's in my life, but not like the way I want her to be. We're just fruends." I explained to her.

"So, she's your friend but you want more. Does she want more?" My dad asked.

"I'm not sure. Like, I for real like her a lot, but she has a boyfriend. I'm not the type to interfere with situations that don't concern me, but I KNOW he doesn't treat her right. She stuck in him though."

"That sounds messy. Why does she stay with him if he's not treating her right? Maybe she's lost and needs an intervention." My mom said making me laugh.

"Ma, chill. She's not lost and she doesn't need an intervention. She's a very sweet and gullible girl, so she only wants to see the good in people but I've told her before that you have to see both sides and not ignore one." I shrugged. "I can't push her to do something she doesn't want to do, or make her see shit she doesn't want to." I said.

"Ok, so what do you need help figuring out?" My dad asked.

"I don't know if I should step back and do me for a bit, or continuing putting in effort even though she's not doing the same." I said. I've been thinking about this since yesterday afternoon when she just up and left to Miami.