Chapter 24

Loriana POV

"Nigga stop pushing me!" I laughed, pushing Dre away from me.

"Girl, you better stop acting a fool up in this mall." He laughed and swung his arm across my shoulders.

"Boy, you know I didn't want to come here with you anyways." I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't seen you since the basketball game a week ago. I missed your short ass."

"My nigga, that's not my fault. I'm free all day everyday. It's you who works all day everyday." I laughed. It's true cause every time I call or text him, he lets me know he's working.

"I always worked a lot, you're just now noticing. I like to make money and not spend it unless it's necessary like rent and bills. I splurge from time to time but I'm not a dumb nigga who flaunts his money around. That's how you get robbed and killed." He explained.

"Then why did you take me here. My pregnant ass wants to be sleeping."

"I don't know. I was hoping you would want something. Then I have a cute lil date for us after we leave here." He said.

"Oh shoot, I get a whole day of Dre? Wow!"

"Surprise!" He laughed. "Your uncle gave me the day off. Might as well spend it with you." He shrugged.

"Aww, I'm special. Now let's go in here, there's something I do actually want." I said, pulling him into the Micheal Kors store.

"I knew it." He chuckled and shook his head. He let me browse around the store and I'm honestly having the time of my life. Everyone knows this is my favorite store.

I finally found the shoes that I have been eyeing online for weeks. I asked an employee for my size and waited patiently. Once she brought the shoes to me and I tried them on, I fell more in love.

"So you want them shoes?" Dre asked, coming up to me.

"Yeah. Aren't they so cute?" I smiled, looking at them on me in the mirror.

"Yeah they are. How much?" He asked.

"Uhm...just about $270 with tax." I hesitantly said. I mean, I don't need him to pay for them cause I can always swipe my credit card.

"Alright. You just want them shoes?" He asked. Shocked, I nodded slowly.

"You sure you want to buy them for me. I think that's pushing it since we're just talking. I don't want you to feel like you have to buy them for me. I can always buy them." I rambled.

"I took you out with the intentions of buying you something nice. I ain't gonna let you pay for something when I insisted on taking you out." He said. I shrugged and took the shoes off, putting them in the box.

Dre carried the box up to the cashier and placed it on the table. I finished putting my shoes back on before meeting him.

"Your total is $275.48. Will that be cash or card?" She asked.

"Card and debit." Dre answered.

After completing the transaction, Dre held the bag as we walked out of the store. I'm just happy that I got those shoes even though I have no idea where I will wear them to.

•••

"I've never been to your house before. You live by yourself?" I asked as I stepped into his house. It was actually very beautiful and nicely decorated.

"Yeah I do. I was not about to be 21 years old and still living with my momma. Plus, I had the money to move out at 18 so I did." He explained. I took my shoes off at the front door and hung up my jacket. "Come here." He held my hand and led me to his living room.