Chapter 31

~1 Week Later~

I am finally back at home after spending what felt like ages in the hospital. One thing I know for sure is that I don't ever want to be in that situation again. The type of pain I felt and still feel is unexplainable. I'm feeling physical and emotional pain which is the worst part about it.

"Welcome home." Ja said, entering my room.

"Thanks JaKory. How was vacation?" I asked him.

"It was aight. It got strange one mom and dad left because we knew they were hiding something. It kind of sucked because they left me with Christy's annoying ass. She was all trying to be friendly and shit, but I don't believe it." He said, giving me a straight face.

"Although she has been pretty difficult in the past, I think that she's really trying to turn over a new leaf. If she's putting in the effort to be nice and have some type of sibling relationship, we should do the same. When I say we, I mean you, because you're the only one that treats her like shit." I told him.

"I don't get you Lori. You're to damn forgiving. You're just like mom and that shit be getting annoying. I love you, but I have to keep it solid with you. All the shit Christy done did to you, and you still trying to have a relationship with her. I don't get it. People don't just change like that."

"What's wrong with being forgiving? People deserve second chances and I don't see a problem with that." I said.

"True, but you're giving her like a sixth chance."

"I just have faith and a big heart."

"And you're allowing your big ass heart to be broken all the damn time because you giving more chances to the wrong people." He preached to me. I hate when Ja gets like this.

"Ja you're like 13, you have a lot to learn." I shook my head.

"I'll be 14 in a week and yet, I'm schooling you. You only bringing up age because you know that I'm right." He shrugged then head for my room door. "Just be careful Lori." He said before leaving.

I honestly don't see a problem with having faith in somebody. Everybody is going to reach a point in their life where they're gonna need somebody to forgive them. If I ever reach that point on my life, the person will most likely remember the time that I forgave them and had faith in them.

I picked up my phone and decided to FaceTime Rodney. He had to go back to school because he was missing to much class and he didn't want to fall behind. We talked about school while he was over here and he said he is still going to transfer to a school over here since his son is now living in Chicago.

He picked up the call quickly and smiled when he saw my face.

"Missing me already guh?" He chuckled.

"Yeah I do." A smiled.

"You got out the hospital today right?" He asked. I could hear typing in the background so I know he's on his laptop at the same time.

"Yeah I did. I'm finally just laid up in my own bed. Wassup with you?" I asked.

"Nothing really. Just catching up on some late work and then probably gonna study for the rest of the day." He shrugged.

"Look at you being all studious. I would have never thought. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Loriana. That means a lot." He said. It was quiet on the line for a second and I could tell he wanted to say something else. "Baby, I really want you to meet up with Ruby and have lunch or something." He said. I frowned and damn near almost hung up the phone.