(5) I'm a human living in an all vampire household...wait...what?!

Please comment/vote ^_^!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leon's POV

William landed by my side as we both stared at the huge marble mausoleum surrounded by pine trees. Alice's scent was still here, which means she must be inside...

"The blood...I recognise it!" William said, looking at me in horror. He quickly rushed in through the double doors. I checked behind me for any sign of Oscar and the others, before following him in.

Once inside, the smell of dust and fresh blood intertwined around me, beckoning me to follow it. After two flights of stairs, I saw Alice. Her hair was a complete mess and she still had those torn clothes from before, but it was a different Alice...her face...it was contorted with hunger, her eyes following every little movement her victim made. From the corner of my eye, I saw William standing in front of a girl in a white gown, staring intently at Alice.

"Alice...look at me," he ordered in a steady voice. Alice took little notice of him, her eyes still fixed on the girl.

"Alice...you do not want to do this,"William said again. This time, Alice looked at him for a split second, confused. Her face showed recognition and she relaxed her pose. Her hand reached up to her head and she collapsed on the floor...as if in extreme pain. I quickly walked towards her, wanting to take her in my arms and wash the pain away.

"Don't Leon. She's very dangerous right now," William growled. My feet stopped and I looked at her helplessly. She writhed for a while on the floor...and finally, after what seemed like an age, stopped and laid motionless. My feet started moving again and I swept her up in my arms. Her face seemed so peaceful...unlike the Alice I had just witnessed. I knew that if I had a heartbeat, it would have stopped by now, regardless of whether I was undead or not.

"We need to go, I sense Conrad," William hissed. He grabbed the other girl by the hand and beckoned me to follow him. "We'll stay at my place for now, it's well hidden so it'd be hard for them to find us."

I nodded in agreement, held Alice closer to me and flew out of the mausoleum after William. He dropped the girl off by the border of the forest and flew on. We must have passed about ten forests before he finally dipped and landed.

The house was relatively nice, it was small but welcoming. William opened the door and invited me in. He took Alice from me and took her upstairs, presumably to put her to bed where she could rest. After a few minutes, he came back down and led me into the living room.

"So...do you have any idea how this happened?" he asked, sitting himself down on his matt blue sofa. I sighed and sat next to him.

"I have no idea. I don't think anyone does," I replied. The shock I saw on Mum and Dad's face was real. Even vamps can't be that good at pretending.

"How on earth does a human turn into a vamp...and turn back into a human again?" William asked, ruffling his hair.

"I'm just as confused as you are, I've never heard of anything like this before," I replied. I reached for my can of beer and sighed again. It's amazing how relaxing human food could be sometimes. My thoughts wandered back to the girl in the white gown. It must have been her blood that William was talking about...in fact...he seemed very protective of her. "Who was the girl? Do you know her from somewhere?"

"Yeah...I guess. I saved her earlier tonight from this gang of idiots. It might be better if you took care of Alice tonight, I've still got their fresh blood in me and I may portray some of their personalities," William said. I was wondering why he had such a dark aura around him today. He reached for a book from the bookcase behind him and pointed at the stairs at the same time. I nodded and headed towards the stairs.

I could already hear Alice's soft breathing as I reached the landing. I opened the door as quietly as I could and sat myself down on the bed next to Alice. Even the mud on her face could not disguise her true beauty.

She suddenly turned and started muttering to herself. Her hand reached up to head as if she was trying to push something out.

"Alice...? Alice, are you alright?"I asked, panicking. I had to get William or else she'd kill herself! I can already see scratches where blood was showing! I ran out onto the landing as fast as I could and shouted for William. Behind me, Alice's screams were becoming louder and louder...

*

Alice's POV

It was still chasing me...closing in on me. The forest moved to form a barrier in front of me...wait...the forest moved?! I stopped and stared at the barrier, trying to find an escape route, but there was none. A cold hiss of air hit me on the neck and my heart stopped. I completely forgot that something was chasing me...something that was potentially very dangerous!

I bit my bottom lip and slowly turned, dreading the thing behind me. The forest also changed as I turned, brightening in colour and transforming from dead trees to ones with life in them. Behind me, I found a mirror and a reflection of myself...except it wasn't me...

The girl in the mirror had the same face as me but her makeup was much more darker and exaggerated. She was wearing a blood red evening gown which contrasted with the dark forest behind her. I looked back, but I found a brightly lit forest compare to hers. I also noticed I was wearing the same dress as her...but it was white. Therefore...the girl in the mirror can't be me...right? I lifted my hand and touched the surface of the mirror, she did the same, except with a smirk on her face.

"Hello Alice...or should I say...me..." she said. I swear, that smirk was fixed permanently to her face!

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You have no idea! No idea how long I've waited to be released from this prison!" she laughed manically. She walked closer to me.

"I won't let you...whatever you are..." I said, trailing off. She was baring her fangs at me in fury.

"You have no control anymore," she whispered. She walked even closer to the surface of the mirror. I looked down and found my legs walking towards the mirror too...I was...mirroring her. "You are just a vessel now."

"NO! I won't let you! You are still trapped inside me and I will make sure you're trapped!"I shouted, trying to pull away...but my body wouldn't move.

"Who's the trapped one?" she said, smiling wickedly before walking away. I found myself in a box of darkness. The brightly lit forest had disappeared completely and the only source of light was from the other side of the mirror. I banged my fists against the surface...but it was no use...I was trapped like she said. Somehow, she had escaped and placed me in her prison instead. With no other choice, I screamed, hoping someone would wake me up...before she took over me...completely.