(7) I'm a human living in an all vampire household...wait...what?!

Please comment/vote ^_^!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conrad's POV

The Council sat in front of me. They were all wearing the ancient robes and had an ancient expression on their faces. Among them was Leonard, William's father. He refused to look me in the eye, knowing that it was his betrayal that caused me to be here. Damn it, I should have known that he'd go to the Council, I should have kept the past secret!

A young female vampire walked over and chained my hands to two posts either side of me, the silver diffusing through my skin into my blood and draining my energy away. Lucretia and Oscar sat behind me amongst the other onlookers, awaiting the result of the trial.

The judge with platinum blonde hair and black eyes looked up and there was silence. He turned towards me, with the piece of paper containing my fate spread on top of the table in front of him.

"Conrad of the Valentine family, you are guilty of raising a human child without informing the Council, regardless of whether it possesses abilities that suggest it's inhuman. You have broken the law and therefore your penalty is of the second degree," he said.

"No, please! He informed you of her existence and was about to deal with her, but that William protected her and hid her away! Please-" Lucretia began. I hissed, interrupting her. How dare she?! After everything I've confessed to keep her safe, she's putting all those efforts to waste by speaking out like this!

"We will deal with William as soon as we find him, miss, please sit down," another judge said sternly. "And if no one else has anything else to say, we shall carry on with the penalty."

The female vampire appeared by my side again and took off my ring. Time seemed to halt to a stop...I could see everything...hear everything...things that I wouldn't normally notice, but so prominent now. Leonard slowly put his hands to his head and looked down, the female vampire waved the signal to someone near the back, the ceiling started creaking silently and Lucretia was crying behind me. Then the mechanical sounds of the lever resonated in my brain...the ceiling was opening...

My body started moving by itself...I recognised my voice but...I wasn't controlling it. I was pleading...screaming for help. Although I knew it was in vain, I struggled against the chains that held me to my fate. A small beam of sunlight escaped through the ceiling onto my back. I could feel my layers of skin burning away, one by one. The ceiling must be fully open by now. Looking to my right, I caught a glimpse of my burning skin, it looked red...raw red. The pain was beginning to get overwhelming and nausea set in. I closed my eyes, finding comfort in the darkness...the pain wasn't so bad now...in fact, it was almost completely gone...

*

Alice's POV

I don't know how long I sat there. The radiator was slightly burning my back...but it was nice just being engulfed by the warmth. Once again, my thoughts returned to Leon. If I was so adamant that I only liked him as a brother...then...why did I kiss him back? Why is my heart still beating so fast?

There was a knock on the door and I heard William's voice...suddenly I felt the horrible feeling of guilt setting in.

"Alice...are you okay? You've been in there for a long time...I'm coming in alright?" William said through the door. I lifted myself off the floor and walked to the door...but suddenly I felt dizzy and nauseous. The next thing I saw was darkness.

When my vision returned, William's face was inches from mine. His hand was on my forehead...wait...what just happened? How did I get from facing the bathroom door to being in William's arms?