(11) I'm a human living in an all vampire household...wait...what?!

Heyy! I'm finished my mock exams, so I decided to get back to writing. This chapter is mainly on the underworld and stuff...i think i got a bit carried away XD...then again it was 3 in the morning. I also found use for my Charmed books :D! Anyways, enjoy, and please comment/vote ^_^!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oscar's POV

As soon as we got home, Mum rushed upstairs to care for Dad. It's been two days since the trial and Dad still hasn't recovered from the burns. He was in the wrong...but that punishment was too severe. When the ceiling finally shut, he was covered in dust with his bones showing through the scorched skin. I covered my eyes with my hand, trying to chase the disturbing images from my mind.

The planned attack failed. I don't know whether I should be happy or not. I mean, I never wanted to go in the first place...but if Mum and me didn't go, we'd receive punishment too. And as Dad is too weak, it is my responsibility to protect Mum...and Leon. Whilst the Council ambushed Alice and William, I helped Mum find Leon. He state was worse than I thought, thank god Mum brought some medicine...I wonder how he's doing.

That Alice is definitely an interesting creature. But I'm gonna have to agree with the Council this time, the sooner she's destroyed, the better. Something that powerful should not be allowed to survive, her power...it could have destroyed the whole Council. The childhood memories which I had learnt to suppress cropped up again. Oh Alice...why did this have to happen to you? You're still the same little sister...but to destroy you is something I have to do, for myself...and everyone else. Why has fate played such a card on us?!

A knock at the door disturbed my thoughts. It was Mum.

"How's Dad doing?" I asked.

"He's put on a little bit of weight, but he's still in a dire state...and his skin is not healing at all, despite the layers of medicine I've put on it," she said, her voice wavering near the end.

"He'll be okay Mum, they made sure that he received enough pain to learn his lesson but not to kill him, remember?" I said.

"Do you think Leon's okay?" she asked, her eyes watering. "I know I should be worrying more about your Dad right now and I know that he betrayed us...but...I'm still his Mum...I need him to be okay."

"He'll be fine, he's not a kid anymore, he can take care of himself," I replied. "And he's got William to protect him...and Alice...I guess."

"Alice...oh Alice. She never possessed such power before! If we had known, we wouldn't have brought her home...damn your father's curiosity! He's damned us all!" Mum cried.

"Don't worry Mum, I'll make everything okay. Everything will be okay," I said. I looked at the weapons on the floor, the ones the Council provided us with yesterday. In my heart I hoped that they would have escaped by now but my thoughts keep playing Alice's death over and over again.

*

Alice's POV

I have no idea how long we flew...or how far. As soon as the sun appeared, we landed and made our way to the first open take away. Then we made our way to the mall...let's just say all of us look like we've been run over by a lawnmower...well...except from Leon.

"Just grab whatever and give it to me, we seem to have destroyed every item of clothing we've worn for the last few days," William said, flashing his gold card.

I grabbed whatever took my fancy as well as the essentials of course. Would they have bathrooms in the underworld?! Oh well...better to be safe than sorry. After paying a ridiculous sum to the shop assistant (who looked very happy...I guess she'll be getting a pay rise) we made our way to a secluded area of the town and once again started flying, making sure we stayed above the clouds, but below the airplanes so we didn't get spotted.