We're the Same

For the next week and a half Joseph didn't say one word to me. After that night I had thought that he was a serious douche bag that didn't ever deserve to talk to me again, but now that I'd calmed down I was just sad he wouldn't look at me anymore. I mean I don't understand how he could be mad at me. I was the one that got hurt, and yet he was the one acting like a little girl that didn't get her way.

Ruben had been really supportive throughout this whole ordeal and kept me busy helping him with all of his chores/duties. I guess it was a win win situation. I didn't have to think about Joseph and he didn't have to do as much work.

The only real time that I couldn't think of anything else was at breakfast and dinner. It was then that my mind wandered and it definitely didn't help that he was in the same room.

Now I was sat in my room. Ruben had been called to a meeting an hour ago so I didn't have anyone to keep me company while I sat. I tried to think about my father. How much I missed him. When that didn't work I tried to think about Tiffany and her cute little laugh and the pout she did whenever she didn't get her way. But in the end all I could think about was Joseph. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that he didn't do or say what he did to hurt me. But that thought was thrown out when I remembered the actual events.

The longer I sat the angrier I got until I had just about convinced myself that I needed to go and put him in his place. That is until there were three swift taps on my door. I didn't move. Then the three taps came again but harder. I frowned and got up to open the door.

When I opened the door the person on the other side immediately pushed their way in before I could even see who it was. They pushed the door shut and held me against the door with their body.

Whoever it was, was breathing hard in my ear. "Who are you?" I asked my eyes wide with fear. "What do you want?"

The person sighed and rested their head on my shoulder. I could tell that it was a man by now. I stayed silent for awhile the person still breathing hard behind me. His hands resting on the wall next to my face.

"Damnit!" He yelled. And shoved himself away from me. I froze in shock. I definitely knew that voice.

I whipped around when I heard furniture crashing around. I groaned internally, that was all brand new. My pity party didn't last long though when I saw the state Joseph was in. His face was bright red with anger, the veins in his arms and neck were promptly showing as he strained to throw all my furniture around. He swore and yelled as sweat started shining on his head.

"Joseph." I whispered out loud. He obviously didn't hear me over his own yelling. "Joseph." I said stepping a little closer. He still didn't hear me and I was getting a but frustrated. "Joseph!" I yelled and stood behind him.

He stilled, his breathing erratic and his fists clenching and unclenching. "Joseph." I put my hand on his shoulder. He jerked around as soon as my hand made contact with his shirt. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my body against his tightly. I sucked in a breath of surprise. After I had a moment to realize that he was hugging me I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and neck. Holding him tight because I had read somewhere that hugging actually did calm people down.

He rested his head on my shoulder again and slowly his breathing started to become normal again. I played with the hair on the back of his neck, while my other hand drew patterns on his back softly.

Once I felt like he was calm enough I asked him. "Joseph what's going on?" My voice was soft so that I didn't startle him after being silent for so long.

He sighed and dropped to his knees his arms were still wrapped around me so had no choice but to fall to the floor with him. I was rested on his lap when we were both on the floor. I went to move feeling extremely awkward with the current position but he didn't let me out of his arms. The veins I had seen earlier appeared on his arms again as he tightened his hold. The little voice in my head  was telling me to relax and enjoy the moment but then on the other hand I couldn't let myself be comfortable with him again.