Phoenix

Joseph's POV

My eyes immediately watered. My girl and my baby boy had beat all odds. They were both strong, they were fighters.

They pushed the gurney passed me and into the ICU where she would stay for the next little while until she was well enough to be taken care of at home. I followed them closely tracking every single thing that was done.

We stopped inside a small room that had just enough room for me to sit next to her bed and a few other people to be standing close by.

"She probably won't wake up for awhile.-" I didn't hear anything else that was said by the doctors. I plopped myself into the armchair positioned to the right of her body, determined to not leave this hospital until she was leaving with me. My work would have to be brought here, but I could handle it. As long as she was by my side.

It was midday by the time her eyelids finally started to flutter open. My heart lept into my chest. An action that since I had met her I had become accustomed to. She groaned and her face scrunched up.

"Dear lord that sucked." She said before her eyes had even fully opened. I chuckled at her first words.

"Yes it did." I traced her face with my thumb memorizing every inch of her skin. "I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you."

All of the sudden her eyes widened and she moved to sit up in the bed, but gasped in pain and fall back.

"Our baby, our baby is he ok?" His eyes began to water. "Oh please! Is he ok?" She pleaded with me.

"He's ok." I grabbed her face in my hands a smile on my face. "He's alright Jess. He's just as strong as you are."

"Oh thank god" she whispered and sighed in relief her shoulders relaxing as an invisible weight was lifted. "Can I see him?" She asked her eyebrows furrowed together.

I frowned. "No. I'm sorry baby. He has to stay right where he is and so do you." She looked away and sighed.

"Then you go to him. Make sure he's ok and then come tell me." She said. Although I hadn't intended to leave her side i was willing to make an exception for our child.

"Ok." I kissed her lightly on the lips and she smiled up at me. I moved to the door and glanced back at her. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Thank you." She said. I nodded at her and stepped out closing the door behind me, not wanting anyone to bother her in my absence.

I made my way down the hallway to where my boy was resting. When I finally got there my heart started to pound, my boiling blood surged through my body faster than before. Through the window I could see none other than that bastard Cameron standing there with my innocent, premature baby boy in his arms sleeping peacefully.

I opened the door and stalked in trying my best to control myself so I didn't wake the sleeping boy. "Cousin I swear if a hair on his head is hurt you will pay dearly." I spoke lowly and menacingly. He looked up at me as if realizing my presence for the first time.

"Joseph." He said. "This is her baby?" He said and glanced back down at my boy.

"Yes. And he's mine too so if you know what's good for you, you will put him down." I took another step to get closer to the tiny boy.

"He's beautiful. Just like her." He said longingly. "I don't know what happened." He said sadly. "It's like I had her, and then I saw her with you, and the way that you would interact with each other and I knew that I'd lost her. Even way back then I knew that she loved you. I guess I thought that the only way to have her was to force her to be with me." He scoffed and laughed.