Run little one

Joseph

At first I felt panic rise up within my chest. I hadn't planned for this. It wasn't supposed to happen. However that anxiety was rapidly replaced by anger as I saw Cameron appear at Romanos side. The dirty bastard tricked me. His family.

"You son of a bit-" I started forward but stopped as I felt Jessica cling tightly to my shirt in my arms. I glanced down at her. Her fearful eyes were trained on the men in front of us as well. I could see the hurt and betrayal in her eyes shining just as brightly as it was in mine, despite my best efforts to conceal it. "I swear when I get my hands on you, you will regret this Cameron. I promise you that."

The little wince he made when he heard my words was enough to satisfy me for now.

"Well gentlemen. As much as I would love to let you stay in some of our guest rooms, I can't have you running around in the halls causing a ruckus, so you'll have to stay in the cells we had installed down in the basement." Romano said with a cheerful expression that did not match his tone of voice. He motioned his men forward with a slight nod of his head. We were each grabbed by the arms by two or 3 men depending on our size. I kept my arms securely around Jessica's broken body and shielded her from the people around us pushing and pulling.

I walked from the room calmly, dubbing it not worth it to fight when there were so many of them and so few of us.

"Wait!" I heard a voice call from behind. Everyone went silent at the yell. "Romano we had a deal. You agreed that I could have her if I brought Joseph to you. I've kept up my end of the deal." The voice I now recognized as my dear cousins protested.

"Ah yes, quite right, quite right. Leave the girl here. You can leave the compound together tomorrow morning."

Jessica was ripped roughly from my arms. "No!" I yelled as my now empty arms were restrained against my sides to prevent any dissension. I glanced desperately back toward the woman I had made this crazy plan for. I could see the physical pain standing on her own was causing her, but I also know she would never accept or ask for help from any of them. Before I was shoved down the stairs I locked eyes with Cameron. "If you hurt her I'll kill you." I spoke I a normal voice, but I knew he heard me by the pale sheet that wipe his face. He nodded once confirming that he got the message, then he was out of sight.

********

Jessica

It was quiet now. Everybody had left. It was jut Cameron and me. I stared him in the eye daring him to speak to me. Betrayal burned deep in my chest. He'd lied right to my face, and turned us in. He knew all along. Heck for all I know he could have set the whole plan in motion a week ago.

"Jess, I know your mad but if-..." he tried desperately to calm me.

"Don't!" I snarled. "Don't you dare speak to me, don't even look at me. You lied to Joseph, you lied to me. I trusted you and you betrayed me." I was fuming, but at the same time salty tears were filling my eyes.

"I didn't mean to hurt you I just wanted us to be together!" I his frustration was beginning to show.

"He's your family." I spoke lowly. "All you two had was each other. What do you have now. These people here they don't care about you. You could drop off the face of the earth and no one would notice. I wouldn't notice. You know who would though, Joseph. When you were missing he worried about you everyday. He had people out looking for you 24/7. And to think it was all for nothing." My voice was eerily calm considering my recent outburst. Cameron however was not as nonchalant as I was. I could see his green eyes filling with tears.