Chapter 16: Hidden Agenda

"Why... why?" Zoralth's voice echoed through the empty room, fear lacing through every word.

"I would like an update on your proceedings with the plan. From what I have observed you do not seem to be... following what we have discussed," the strange voice replied with an air of superiority.

"It's harder then simply arresting her... sir. We need a valid reason, which she has not given us. What is more, she has made reasonably good friends with Firefly, which is making things even more difficult."

"You are the leader here. Should your word not be law?"

"To most, but is hard to order a dragon that is far more powerful then you are."

"You fear the fire dragoness?"

"No..."

"Do not lie to me Zoralth. I can see it in your eyes. Let me tell you, 'king' there are far more greater things to fear then a dragon of equilibrium."

There was silence for a moment as the telekinetic dragon absorbed the information that was being given to him. From the other side of the door Silver listened intently. Her heart was beating rapidly, and she hoped they didn't hear her from the other side. She knew they were talking about her, and the way the conversation was heading she had an idea why.

"A.O.D.H will be here within the month. What you have been doing so far has been just enough to keep her here. But things may change Zoralth. You may need to take extreme measures to complete your mission," the voice continued.

"Yes sire. For now though I will continue stalling her until you arrive. Once you do then it would be a simple matter for you to capture her," The king replied, seeming to be gaining in confidence again.

"I do not think stalling her will work too much anymore," the voice seemed to sigh.

"Why is that sir?"

"She is eavesdropping outside this door."

This time Silver really did growl in surprise. Without a second thought she turned around and pulled herself into a sprint, running as fast as she could. She leapt down the stairs that lead up to the throne room and opened her wings, pulling herself into a small glide, speeding up. Behind her the door crashed open, but before the telekinetic dragon could catch her she twisted around a corner and disappeared from his sight. He roared out his anger, only spotting her fleeing form.

Breathing rapidly she quickly made her way through the castle, trying to find her way back to where the dance floor was. She needed to warn the others, and quickly. Twisting through another corridor she found herself in the dancing room, back in the crowd. The guards there looked at her suspiciously, but didn't do anything, much to her relief.

Silver flew up above the crowd, trying to spot her friends. It didn't take her long to find Retrix, him being the only dragon of his kind. He was dancing with a young water dragon, who seemed quite entranced by his natural skill as he easily kept up with her. Feeling slightly guilty for ruining their dance she approached them.

"Retrix!" she called out, causing the two of them to stop and look at her in surprise, "We need to go. Now! It's urgent."

The void dragon frowned, annoyed, "What's wrong Silver?"

"No time to explain," she replied, "But we're in danger. All of us."

He could tell by her worried tone of voice that she was telling the truth. Glancing at the water dragoness he sighed. She looked angry and upset at being forced to stop and was sending a death glare toward Silver.