Chapter 33: Firewall

Everything erupted into chaos. Panicked roars echoed throughout the Training Centre. Voices rose. Dragons began to move, as if to run, but not knowing where to go. The red light continued to flash its warning, the same voice speaking the horrific words over and over again, not helping the increasing amount of fear.

Silver and Retrix still stood in the centre of the arena. The void dragon seemed to hesitate for a moment, looking toward the roof with a silent snarl on his maw, before glancing back at the dragoness, not knowing what to do. Suddenly a roar pieced the air, causing everyone to fall silent and glance toward the culprit with surprise. Iraliene lowered her head down, and angry frown across her maw.

"Get yourselves together," she snarled, "I want every dragon that is able to fight at the entrance of Sky Mountain as quickly as possible. We will not let our home fall. Not today. You, water dragon, find Frezron. He's the battle master."

She turned to look at an older looking earth dragon who was sitting near her, "Burian, I want you to lead a defence create a wall and guard all entrances into the mountain. Send most to the main entrance, and some to the cave at the top, just enough to hold off anything that comes through."

The earth dragon bowed in response, before turning and flapping his wings, launching his heavy body into the air. Other dragons followed him, hesitantly at first, then with confidence. There was anger on their faces, and determination. They wouldn't let the mountain fall, and would gladly sacrifice their lives for it. Silver went to go with the earth dragon when Iraliene's voice stopped her.

"Silver, Retrix, Raize and Gravon. You four will stay with me for now. I don't want you in the fight," said Iraliene, "Not unless we have great need."

"What? Why me?" the fire drake growled, "I understand the other three, but I'm the most powerful, well, one of the most powerful dragons in Sky Mountain!"

"That is true, but you are unstable," Iraliene looked down at him with a glint in her eye, "I will not take the risk of that power taking a hold of you again."

Raize growled angrily, "I am not that weak. I can control it."

The life dragoness snarled back, "How do you know? Have you trained yourself to control that immense power yet? Have you the serenity of mind needed to keep yourself intact? You are a young dragon that has lived a hard life, far harder then need be for one your age. I will not let you rage out of control again."

"How do you know that I will?" he argued back.

"How do you know that you won't?" Iraliene counted, staring him with her steely and intimidating gaze, which he matched with surprising efficiency, before eventually looking down at the ground, angry, but in agreement.

"Now come, you four," the queen of Sky Mountain turned her tail opened her wings, following after the few hundred dragons that had since left.

They followed, somewhat hesitantly. Silver was still shocked at the announcement, and the previous confidence she had had in her decision was now shaken. She hadn't spoken, and couldn't even find it in herself to be angry with Iraliene for taking her out of the fight. Her panicked train of thought and previous nervousness plagued her.

"Silver!" Retrix yelled, shocking her for a moment and gaining her attention, "Get your head in the game. We can't have you like this at the moment. Think about everything else later. For now, we fight."

The metallic dragoness looked at him blankly for a moment, before shaking her head and taking a deep breath. He was right, now was not the time to be mulling over these sorts things. She was about to enter another battle for her life, and now that she thought about it, A.O.D.H was likely after her. Shivering slightly at the thought, she hurried forward.