Chapter 23: Silver's Blood

Silver growled up at the earth dragon and narrowed her eyes. He wanted to kill her. It was a shock, for she had never been in a fight that would mean death should she fail. It was always to avoid capture, or other things. Never death. It unnerved her, and made her wonder whether this was just a personal vendetta or D.E.D's orders. Either way it didn't matter.

"Then come and get it!" she roared in reply to his comment.

She opened her wings, letting the light catch her shell, before leaping upwards with a powerful sweep. She was already in her full metal form, and she knew that he wouldn't be able to damage her; even with all his new enhancements he shouldn't be strong enough to do anything. She had grown in power since last time they had fought, and she had beaten him even then.

"Oh, I will," Tetrad laughed.

Suddenly he moved, far faster then what should have been possible for a dragon his size. He twisted around, swinging his large mace like tail toward her. Gears in his wings spun, making a droning sound with each flap of his wings, and the metal on his tail worked as well, adding extra power and speed into the attack. For Silver, she didn't even have the time to dodge. A massive metallic clang rang through the farm. The force behind the hit was far greater then the dragoness had ever experienced before. Her armour rattled and dinted under the attack and the air was knocked out of her lungs causing her to gasp, and then she was moving backwards. The hit blasted her toward the ground, and she was too stunned to try and open her wings to stop herself.

Suddenly everything went black, cold and for a moment she couldn't breath. Then, colour, air and warmth came back, but she was far higher in the air, and flying horizontally. She grunted as she opened her wings and flapped, struggling to stop herself. She hissed slightly as a sharp pain echoed through her side where she had been hit. There was probably a broken rib or so present after that hit. Once she had stopped she turned to see Retrix hovering next to her.

"You alright?" he asked a little worried.

"Yeah," she coughed, "Don't get hit. I think I broke a rib."

The void dragon growled and looked down towards Tetrad with narrowed eyes. Opening his maw he gathered his void energy and launched a beam toward the enemy. Tetrad instantly turned with a growl and held up one of his wings, earth quickly running over it and creating a barrier that void energy couldn't piece. The purple beam slammed into him, and just dissipated, not doing any real damage.

"A new dragon hey?" Tetrad grinned, "What an interesting twist in circumstances. A common earth dragon, fighting the two rarest species in the world."

"Don't forget about me!" cried Zepos, speeding forward from the ground with electricity sparking from his body.

The lightning drake slammed into Tetrad, causing him to stumble slightly in the air. Zepos then flipped away and out of range before he could get attacked, a lightning bolt striking out from his maw and slamming into the earth dragon. Tetrad roared out in pain and fury as electricity surged through him. He flapped backwards and closed his eyes with a snarl. Zepos closed his maw, cutting of the electricity and hovered, waiting.

Yellow lightning continued to surge through the earth dragon, attaching itself to the elronium around his body and sparking out from him. A smile spread across his maw and he opened his eyes, the red one whirling and focusing in on Zepos.

"Watch closely Silver!" he called out, "You are the one that gave me this power!"

He opened his maw and the elronium metal whirred again. The electricity running through him suddenly surged forward. It flew forward from the metal inside his mouth, striking forward in a rush of energy. Zepos let out a roar as a bolt of his own lightning struck him, causing him to be flung backwards with a roar of pain.