Chapter 35: Silver's Sacrifice

Blood slowly stained the water as Silver lowered her wing into the pond. She hissed quietly, now that the adrenaline from the fight had warn off all the wounds she had accumulated began to make themselves noticed. There was a throbbing in her side and her jaw hurt, likely from when the machine had stomped head into the ground. However, her wing hurt the most, and she doubted she would be able to fly as she was now.

She glanced up at the battle, which was not going well. The remaining dragons of Sky Mountain were retreating into the mountain, where it was far easier to funnel the enemy and destroy them as they came through. They were fighting hard, but even from her distance she could see that their energy was waning. It wouldn't be long now. If only she could help them.

Snarling softly she let her metal shell grow over her back once again. Now, if there were anyone else who tried to fight her, she would be ready. Slowly she began to make her way toward the forest. Maybe if she got underneath the fighting then she would be able to take some of the machines out from below with long rang attacks.

However, just as she was about to enter the forest a movement above her caught her attention. With a snarl she spun around, spikes growing along her tail ready to attack whatever it was. She froze when she saw, and growled softly. Aligning the top of the cliff was a number of the humanoid machines, as well as dragons and tanks, all with guns face toward her. Lowering herself to the ground she spread her wings, eyes narrowing.

"Feisty aren't you," came a strange voice, far louder then should have been possible, "But I must say you don't disappoint. Besides your father, you are the only being, dragon or otherwise, who has defeated Jurien in an all out fight. It's about time as well."

Silver glanced upwards at the source of the voice, to see a human in amongst them all, standing at ease with a confident smile plastered across his face. His eyes were hard, and the way he held himself was very different from the now dead dragon hunter. She didn't answer the human, her tail moving slowly behind her, glancing across the cliff face at the other machines, in case this was a ploy to distract her.

"Don't be so on edge, my dear Silver," said the man, almost soothingly, "The less bloodshed in this meeting the better."

"You should have thought of that before you decided to attack my home," growled the dragoness.

"Aaah, you see. That was necessary. If we hadn't attacked, we wouldn't have drawn you out here to have this meeting. And with this attack we'll weaken them enough so they wouldn't dare come after you when you join us."

"If you think I'm going to join you you're wrong. I would rather die," snarled Silver.

"You may think that now, but after this meeting you will surely have changed your mind," the human said, opening his arms, the confident smirk not leaving his face. Silver shifted slightly, uncomfortable.

"Who are you?" she growled.

"I am The Admiral of A.O.D.H. The second highest in the organisation. I make the important decisions, and make sure the orders from my higher up are carried out," he said, "You should be honoured Silver. It is vary rare for me to become personally involved in the capture of a single dragon."

"Who said you were going to succeed?" she growled.

"I do."

His overwhelming confidence was making the dragoness fear for a moment. He seemed so sure that he would be able to get her into their ranks. Deciding it would be a far better idea to retreat rather then see what he had in store, she turned to run into the forest, only to find dozens of machines making their way through the trees toward her. She let out a small growl and backed away from them, glancing back up at the cliff to see The Admiral watching her with his confident smile still on his face.