Chapter 26: Return to Sky Mountain

It was a strange feeling, travelling through time. It was like floating through water. Calming. There was light everywhere, similar to what there had been in O'hen's cave. It twinkled at the blurred surroundings and strange warmth moved through them. It was like they were moving so fast that they didn't feel the air rushing past them, but at the same time they were standing still. Suddenly the blurring landscape began to focus as time slowed down until it stopped completely.

"We.re here," muttered O'hen.

Silver looked around, feeling slightly lightheaded. There was a strange silvery hew over everything, much like what she had seen right before she fell unconscious while fighting Tetrad. It was like there was no movement at all. The trees were frozen in mid-sway. A leaf, floating through the air, was not moving at all. A bird came to a stand still while flapping its wings just above them.

"Wow," was all the dragoness could say as she looked around the forest they were in, "So... we're five days in the future?"

"Not in the future, per say, but five days after the time that I took you, yes," O'hen nodded his head.

They had chosen five days afterward because it seemed the most reasonable time. Zepos, Merene and Retrix had passed the border into China, making them relatively safe from any dragon hunter attacks, namely D.E.D. They were also getting close to Sky Mountain, which was only a hard flight's day away. Not that Silver wanted to go to that mountain again, but there really was no other choice.

"Remember what you need to do?" asked the time dragon, glancing at Silver.

She nodded her head. There was another reason why they had chosen five days. The day afterwards there was a likely chance Sky Mountain would be destroyed, unless Silver and her group managed to make it back beforehand. If not to save the mountain, then at least to rescue everyone inside. O'hen hadn't given her all the details but she was sure of one thing, if they didn't arrive in time then there would be no place to arrive back to.

"Good," O'hen said, "Then I leave it to you. We will meet again Silver, hopefully not in similar circumstances, but you will have need of my aid in the future."

"I look forward to it," the dragoness smiled grimly.

The drake laughed before taking a step back from her. He began to glow a strange silvery aura before slowly dissipating back into time. Once he was gone, the trees began to sway, the bird flew and the leaves fell. Time resumed.

* * *

"What the?" Merene came to a sudden stop, freezing in midair, surprise evident on her face.

Behind her Zepos let out a growl of annoyance and forced himself to come to a complete stop. On his back Retrix grunted as he struggled to hold onto the lightning dragon's scales. They fumbled slightly before Zepos managed to regain his balance. He growled at Merene.

"What was that for?"

The mind dragoness ignored him and gazed down into the forest below, scarcely believing what she had sensed. There was no way that was possible, "Silver?"

"What?" Zepos frowned confused, wondering what she was talking about.

He gazed in the direction Merene was looking at, and seeing nothing turned back to face her, until a silver glint caught the corner of his eye. He snapped back to look at the point and faulted, gazing in surprise and disbelief. The silver dragoness rose up from the forest to meet them, a smile on her face. All three froze.

Silver glided up to them with seeming ease. There was still some tightness in her back that caused mild discomfort, but in the end it didn't really affect her flying that much. She came to a stop in front of them and couldn't help but chuckled at their expressions.