Chapter 30: Mind and Matter

~Raize~

Everything is slowly returning to normal, thankfully, though I doubt it will ever be the same for me. I kind of deserve it though, after what I did... It's strange, ever since, well, that, I've been feeling freer, almost. Like my body is as light as a feather, and my fire doesn't have to be contained anymore. It's a strange feeling, I doubt I would be able to explain it to anyone, but I know one thing. Even after the destruction it wrought, I don't regret reaching equilibrium.

At first, the soul focus of it had been revenge, and anger, but now that feeling is... gone. I'm free of it. This power took it away from me and I can finally think clearly once again. Though clearly is a relative term. Before my father's death I was thinking clearly, and I'm different from back then. That much is obvious. Even my body has changed quite substantially. Silver said I looked somewhat similar to another dragon of equilibrium she had met on her trip. Firefly I think her name was. Maybe I should attempt to meet with this dragon as well; she might be able to help me understand why I feel this way.

I doubt that'll happen for a while now though. At the moment Sky Mountain needs me. A.O.D.H is mobilizing once again, and thousand of dragons, humans and their machines are conjugating on the border of China, ready for something. I am unsure what but the next couple of weeks will probably tell. My guess? They are after Silver, though what they hope to accomplish through this goal is beyond me. After all, she's only one dragon, even if she is the only one of her kind. And she is strong, very hard to capture and defeat. If I were the leader of A.O.D.H I would wait for her to have hatchlings and take them instead. Though that may unleash her wrath very quickly indeed. One does not simply steal a hatchling from its mother, especially if that mother is Silver.

Ha, with her recent announcement I don't think it will be long until she finally does have eggs. I'd look forward to becoming an uncle, depending on the dragon she goes with of course. I just hope she didn't come into this over confident. I know of a few far stronger dragons in the mountain then her; unless she has grown more then I think she has during the course of her trip.

Aah, Silver. You make me laugh sometimes. I know you went into this with a plan, and I look forward to seeing what it is. But for now I have something else to focus on. Finding the bug. I'm surprised Iraliene thinks we've been infiltrated, I mean, we have mind dragons everywhere, more mind dragons then any other haven in the world if I'm to be right, and with them constantly on the prow it would be extremely difficult. Of course a dragon could have learned to do what I do, and guard their mind from intruders. It's most likely another mind dragon though, as a powerful one could easily create illusion around themselves to make them seem like another one of us. If anything though, I need to keep an eye out for this dragon, and take them out when I can.

* * *

Silver slowly walked through the tunnel leading from the centre to the training arena. It was the day after her announcement; a day after her challenge had been set. Many dragons had come forward as well, and it would be a busy couple of days for the dragoness. She hoped this fight would dissuade some of them from trying to defeat her. The less of them there were the better. It made her slightly annoyed however that neither of the two dragons she actually wanted to be with had come forward.

When Zepos had heard about the challenge he had immediately come to her and simply said 'What are you thinking!?' It made her laugh thinking back to it. She hoped that he would be able to figure out what she meant this for. Retrix had had a similar reaction, though didn't show as much frustration as Zepos had. Instead he had frowned, as if trying to figure out why. It made her smile slightly. One of them would eventually get it.

Taking a deep breath Silver focused her mind back on the task at hand. Gravon. She knew how powerful he was; at least she thought she did. As a gravity dragon he would be annoying to fight, more annoying then a telekinetic dragon. She wouldn't be able to dodge any of his elemental attacks, no matter how fast she was, so in the end it would be who exhausted the other the quickest. She knew she would be at a slight disadvantage in this. But she knew she would win. She had to win.