A Human

(A/n): Who what's to see an adorable shy little Frisk?

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

Sans POV

I was in my sentry station near the ruins as usual, asleep, with absolutely nothing to do. That's fine by me though, gives me more time to take a nap. Ever since king Asgore started collecting human souls with the help of the Royal Guards, my brother, Papyrus, has been dying to join them. For him to join the Royal Guards however is for him to capture an actual human. So now its been his number one goal to find and capture a human, thing is he dragged me along with his plan. He makes me stay guard in this sentry station and wait for a human to pass by to capture them. But I love my brother, so I guess I'm willing to help him.

"SANS!!!"

Speak of the devil. I looked up and saw Papyrus' towering figure staring down at me with an annoyed expression on his face with his hands on this hips.

"What's up bro?" I asked, lazily.

"YOU KNOW VERY WELL 'WHAT'S UP' BROTHER!" He exclaimed. "YOU FELL ASLEEP AGAIN! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO CAPTURE A HUMAN IF YOU KEEP FALLING ASLEEP ON THE JOB?!"  He says as he stomps his foot repeatedly on the ground.

"Well ya know how much of a lazybones I am." I respond as I sat properly on my chair.

"BUT I NEED YOUR HELP FINDING A HUMAN SO THAT I CAN FINALLY BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL GUARD! UGH! DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?!" He huffs in frustration.

"You should chill out bro. You always work your self to the bone." I winked as I ended with a pun.

"SANS! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR YOUR RIDICULOUS PUNS!" He says in annoyance.

"Sorry bro. I was just trying to tickle your funny bone." I end again with a pun.

"OH MY GOD! JUST GET BACK TO WORK! I HAVE TO RE-CALIBRATE SOME OF MY PUZZLES AND I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME." He said before running of.

When I knew he couldn't see me I stood up with my bony hands in my pockets and walked towards the big door containing the ruins for my 'break'. I continued to walk as my mind started to be consumed by my thoughts.

Seven. Asgore needs seven human souls. Six. Asgore has six human souls. Once he gets one final human soul, he will free us all from the barrier. Now, I've never seen a real human for my self, but Asgore would always tell us stories of how ruthless, violent, and murderous every human he's encountered was. They would attack him with no mercy. "Never trust a human." He would tell everyone. But a human hasn't fallen down for a few years and monsters have started losing hope for ever leaving the underground. I continued to walk until I reached the door of the ruins. I sat behind the rock that contained Doctor Alphys hidden cameras to rest alone and not be disturbed.

As I sat down I heaved a sigh of relief and closed my eyes, my thoughts consuming me again. I wonder what it would be like to actually meet a real life human. Are they really as bad as Asgore makes them? They say it only takes one monster soul and one human soul to escape the barrier, why does Asgore what to collect seven human souls?

*CREAK*

My eyes instantly shot opened as I heard a creaking noise. Something happened that I never thought would happen. The doors to the ruins... they opened.

My left eye socket started glowing cyan blue, ready to attack if needed. I silently and carefully peered over the rock and was surprise to see a human, but they weren't anything at all like what I imagined. From what I see they seemed to be a human female. She wore a blue sweater with purple stripes with long sleeves, only her hands sticking out, a darker shade of blue shorts, and black boots. She has shoulder length chocolate brown hair and hazel brown eyes. Not knowing what to do I decided to watched and see what the human would do.