13. United

Last week we found Leon. He has been keeping to himself lately and he doesn't want to talk about what happened to him. I ask and all he does is ignore. I haven't gotten a proper word out of him since last week. I'm trying to be understanding but I need to know what exactly happened to him. I wish he wouldn't shut me out because I truly want to listen.

I decide to try to talk to him. I drive to his house and go to his bedroom. He is lying there staring at the sealing.

"I know you don't want to talk. And I know that you still love me. But why are you shutting me out? Is it something he said? Or is it me? Because I need to know what's going on in your head. Do you still love me? Do you want me to leave? Because if you do I will leave. But I won't stop. I will come everyday just to talk to you. And I want you to listen to me. Truly listen to me. Listen to my heartbeat because it only beats to your name. Feel it! Give me a sign that you still love me!"

I lift his hand to my heart and he smiled. He looked over and sat up.

"I'm not trying to shut you out Vilu! I'm trying to process what has happened and I need some alone time for that. Because I need to figure myself out before I figured out. Do you understand?"

"I don't! Please try to explain to me! I love you but all you seem to do is push me away! I'm leaving!"

"No don't go! Please Vilu!"

"I will let you have your alone time and I will have mine. Maybe a break is what's good for us."

And with that I left. I ran home and cried. Last thing I heard before I drifted asleep was my bedroom door opening.