¶3¶

Odell¶

I couldn't think straight with all the crying and screaming. Pandora was fixing omar and re'shaun diaper. I was trying to review what I was going to say at the court today. "Odell can you at least help me with them" she semi yelled.

"Ugh"--" babe, I have to be at the court in like an hour, I can't right now"I said.

"So changing a diaper takes an hour" she roll her eyes.

"Yeah, and getting to the court takes an hour"

"Bye Odell" she got up taking omar with her. Re'shaun was sitting on the couch watching TV like always. I grab my keys and walk out the house.

{Court}

"You ok Odell" my mom said. I sigh and look at her.

"Yeah, I'm cool, just scared"

"You don't have to be scared"--" ima be right there ok"she held my hand.

"Ok momma" I kiss her cheek getting out the truck. We walk in the court looking around. This is my last time coming and I have to make the judge want me to take Shaun with me.

"Hello Mr. Beckham" the judge said.

"Hi" I said dryly.

"Ok so let's get this started" he look over the papers. "Raegan Eugene" he called her name.

"Now you said that you have a job and house"

{Raegan}

I look at the judge. I didn't have a full time job or a nice house. All I have is a one bedroom apartment and I work as a waitress at a diner.

"Ms. Eugene"the judge said getting my attention.

"Yes" I look at him.

"Do you have a full time job to provide for this child" I lick my lips and nod my head. "I need a answer"

"Yes sir, I do"

"And I house to put a roof over that child head"

I sigh. "Yes sir"

"Ms. Raegan, can I ask an important question here" Odell lawyer ask.

"Yes you may" I said confident.

"Are you still dealing with drugs?" I look at Odell who was looking at me with a smirk. Ima kick his ass.

"N-No, sir" I stutter.

"Why are you nervous Ms. Eugene" he said coming close. "Are you still dealing with drugs?"

"Ms. Eugene, tell the truth" the judge said.

"I was, b-but I stop" I said.

"Ms. Eugene, you took a lie detector test, and we gone read the results" I gulp down hard. Ima lose this case and my baby. "We ask that did you ever did cocaine before, you said no" my breath got heavy. "Your telling the truth"I grab my lawyer hand praying.

"We ask did you ever tool drugs this week, you said no" he look at me. "That was a lie"everybody in court said theirs ohhhss.

I look at the judge. "It was only one time ok, I never did it again, I swear"

"Ms. Eugene, we ask you do you really have a full time job, you said yes, that was a lie" I cover my face.

"Ms. Eugene, explain why did you lied to me"the judge said.

" I have a job, but I work at the diner, it's only for a few hours and I'm done. It's enough to provide for Shaun "I cried.

"It's ok, at least you have a job to help your baby" I wipe my tears.

"Ms. Eugene, we ask do you actually have a house, you said yes, your telling the truth" I smile. "But it's isn't big enough for the baby, it's actually a one bedroom apartment" Odell lawyer smile. How does he knows all of this?

"Ok, we heard enough here" the judge fix his self. "We will stop right here today, and continue next month" next month? But I want him today. "In the mean time, Odell keeps re'shaun Eugene for a little while till raegan is ready for him" I smile.

"Meaning, no more smoking and doing drugs, get a bigger size apartment and the job, make sure you have a good schedule to make sure re'shaun isn't home by himself"I nod my head.

"Case dismiss" I smile so hard and hug my lawyer. Even tho he didn't really do anything. I'm so happy. I look at Odell who was talking to his lawyer and mom. He look at me and walk away. I should take it easy on him.