Working things out

The next day

I had texted Dean to meet me at a little cafe around the corner from the hotel and at the minute I was sat at a table accompanied by two coffees.

Is he even going to turn up? I don't know.

Is he going to tell me something I don't want to hear? Maybe.

My stomach was in knots as I waited, wanted to get a lot of things off my chest but being scared as to what Dean might have to say back.

The door opened and Dean walked in, he looked around and saw me at the table.

He gave me a sympathetic smile and slowly walked to the table to sit.

"I got you a coffee." I pointed out, pushing the cup over to him.

"Thanks-" he smiled, "listen, I'm sorry Winter-"

"If you're going to tell me you don't want to see me again then spare me the bullshit and spit it out." I butted in.

"No Winter, I mean I'm sorry about being so disrespectful to you last night, and I got you these." He cleared up whilst unzipping his jacket and passing me a bunch of tulips.

"Oh Dean- thank you." I smiled looking at the pretty multicoloured flowers.

"They reminded me of you-" he smiled, "all pretty and perky, and...different."

I felt my cheeks burning red as I looked down.

"So what was the deal with Randy?" He frowned.

"I suppose you could call it a date, but I don't feel strongly about him." I explained.

His eyes burned with jealousy.

"Trust me Dean, I'm not into him like that. He's an amazing person but I can't feel like this about two people at once. I can't hurt two people at once like that. I couldn't get you out of my head, so I thought it would help." I went on.

He nodded as if to say "okay".

"Who told you that I went out with him?" I asked wondering who would have told him.

"I saw you." He said abruptly, like he wanted the words out of his mouth asap.

"I'm sorry." I said looking down.

He shook his head, "you don't have to be."

"Why didn't you answer me Win?" He brought up after a long pause.

"I wanted to, but I didn't know what to say that would stop you walking away from me-" I sighed, "because truth is, I don't know how I feel about you. I just know there's-"

"Something." He finished off my sentence.

I nodded. "I couldn't stop thinking about you." I said with a weak smile.

"Well I know exactly how I feel about you." He grabbed my hand over the table.

I was shocked by his forwardness, but I liked it, and I looked at him for him to carry on.

"There's something about you too, you're so amazing, you mesmerise me completely. You're so beautiful." He complimented over and over.

My eyes were wide and were filling with tears.

"Don't cry!" He said with a scared look.

"It's happy tears." I said as I wiped them away.

He raised his hands to my face and wiped them away too.

"Is it your father that's made you feel like this?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe." I thought about it.

"I can show you that I'm worth it, give me a chance, a few more dates, and I can prove to you. I'll prove your father wrong, we will show the world that no one can make our minds up for us. Please let me show you." He begged.

His eyes searched mine for any sign of hope as he gripped into my hand, like he never wanted to let go.

His speech made me want to cry again, as I had just seen something that not a lot of people have seen in the lunatic fringe. He was sweet and soft, and I could sense passion in his tone.

"Please." He repeated.

"Okay." I smiled trying not to cry tears of happiness.

He grinned like a Cheshire Cat and kissed my hand. The warm soft touch of his lips sent shivers down my spine.

"Let's get out of here, go to my room? It's our day off so we can watch a movie or something. I don't want your father getting mad at me just yet." He winked.

I giggled as he held my hand to the door. I had Deans hand in one and my flowers in another hand, and I felt so happy.

-

We sat snuggled up to the settee watching Dexter under a blanket. One of his arms around my back and the other across my waist. I was snuggled into him with one hand on his chest, watching it rise and fall.

I was thinking about how much fun we could have together if we made it work.

I'm either aggressively passionate or completely detached. I have no notion of loving people by halves. It's not in my nature.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled into his chest. I slowly drifted to sleep into pure bliss.

Dean's POV

I felt her heart pounding against my chest, and how I loved it.
I swept her hair off of her face and saw that she was asleep.
I kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight princess."

Awww this chapter was so cute to write, anybody else got the feels rn? Hope you all enjoy it!

Can I just give a shoutout to misfitwwe PrettyPanda16 and chelseipriscilla
These people are so supportive of me right now so go and show them some support too! 💙