The morning after

Dean's POV

I woke up early this morning, sneaking out of Eva's room, feeling dread and guilt over what happened last night.

If Winter found out about this she would be heartbroken.

What would be worse? Telling Winter and freeing myself of the guilt but letting her heart shatter, or telling her and letting her be obliviously happy while the guilt weighs me down day after day...

I couldn't do that to her...break her heart like that.

I sat in the front seat of my jeep, my elbow resting on the open window of the door and my fingers at my mouth, in wonder.

I felt lost, like I didn't know where to go or what to do.

If I went to see Winter there would be no guarantee that she would open the door to me. In fact; she would slam it right in my face if she did open it.

...

Winter's POV

I sat on Paige's bed with my head in my hands.

"Come on, girl, tell auntie Paige what's been happening." She sang.

I looked up at her and she tilted her head to the side with a sad pout.

"I slept with someone."

"Oh-"

"Yeah...and I'm dating Dean..."

"Geez." Paige was stuck for words, as was I.

I proceeded to tell her every last detail and she sat and nodded along with me.

As I got to the end of my story, which would be me sleeping with Randy, my phone started buzzing.

"Oh shit."

"What is it?" Paige straightened up, startled.

"Randy is calling me." I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Just leave it, let it go to voicemail." She suggested.

I nodded and turned my phone onto silent.

"The fact that he probably fucked Eva, doesn't make me feel any less guilty." I swallowed some of the coffee that she had just handed to me.

"You're too good of a person. That's why. You're soft." She sat beside me, placing her arm around my shoulders.

"What should I do?" I looked up at her.

She bit onto her lips whilst thinking.

"I think you should listen to that voicemail Randy left, see what he has to say, and then go and see Dean. After all, you both did wrong so you are not the only one that should have a guilty conscience."

I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah...I just hope Randy doesn't think I used him, because I genuinely didn't!" I started to get flustered.

"Hey, hey it's okay, I know. Just make sure you tell him that." She calmed me.

I swallowed deeply and dialled my voicemail number, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hey Winter, uh- it's me...Randy. I just wanted to talk to you about last night...so could we meet up?"

I deleted the message and started to type a reply to him.

Me - Room 309 in 10.

Randy - see you then.

Paige suggested he came here, and she would leave us alone for a while to talk.

I sat and waited and the 10 minutes passed, and Randy arrived.

"Hey." I opened the door and said awkwardly.

"Hey." He gave me a half smile, and my legs went weak.

I invited him in and offered him tea, and we sat on the bed.

"So...why did you leave early again?" He asked.

"Again..." I chuckled.

"You are starting to make quite the habit out of that." He let out a little laugh.

"I'm sorry..." I laughed and looked down.

"Are you still with Dean?" He asked.

I cringed hearing his name.

"Uh- well- kind of." I bit my lip.

Randy closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead with his finger.

"Go on."

"Well, he did something that kinda pissed me off last night. And then I saw him with another woman." I explained.

"So, so- what? You thought you would get back at him by using me?" He asked, with a slight tone of anger in his voice.

"No, not at all! Last night, when I looked into your eyes, I genuinely regretted turning you down a few weeks ago. And then I don't know, I just kinda wanted you..." I bit my lip again.

He looked slowly into my eyes.

"Do you still want me now?" He asked, point blankly.

I bit my lip.

"I don't know, Randy. I don't know what I want. But I think that last night shouldn't have happened." I explained.

He nodded without saying a word.

"And now you're going to run back to Dean." He spat.

"I don't know what I am going to do. But I need to talk to him." I said.

"You know how I feel about you, and last night you did that giving me false hope." He said settling his tea down on the counter.

"I'm sorry... Last night I did really want it, but now I just feel insanely guilty."

"So you're going to just let him get away with it?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I looked down again.

He let out an annoyed laugh and got up to leave.

"Look, you talk to Dean and then call me. We can talk properly then." He said before heading out of the door.

And I was left there, on the bed, alone with my thoughts.