Backlash - continued

Winters POV

I walked through the curtain to see Dean waiting for me.

A grin emerged on both of our faces.

"Congratulations!" He yelled, scooping me up into his arms and then spinning me around.

"Thank you." I laughed.

There was no one around so people wouldn't be nosying at us.

He put me down and I hoisted the championship onto my shoulder.

"The champ is here." I said smugly.

Dean laughed and shook his head.

Nikki walked over.

"Congratulations! Oh my gosh, it's so beautiful." She gushed.

"Thank you. You put up a hell of a fight!" I kissed her cheek.

"Aww, hey we have a surprise for you." She tugged at my arm.

"Oh guys you know I don't like surprises." I moaned.

"You will like this one." Nikki said as she pulled me to the open door of catering.

"SURPRISE!" All of the superstars shouted in unison.

"Awww guys!" My eyes started to tear up as I walked in.

There were beautiful blue and red balloons and a full buffet with a special women's championship inspired cake waiting for me.

Each superstar took their turn to come over and congratulate me.

"Daddy!" I yelled running over to him, "you came." I squeezed him tight.

"How could I miss it?" He kissed my head and looked at me with a smile.

"I'm proud of you Winnie. You have achieved something greater than I ever could have. Being the first champion is a great privilege. Show them what you got honey." He spoke quietly.

My eyes started to fill with tears.

I rested my head on his chest as I embraced him.

"Let's look at the beauty then." He said.

I showed off the gold proudly on my shoulder like a parent would their successful child.

I handed it to him to check out.

"Impressive. It suits you." He smiled, placing it heavily back onto my shoulder.

"Thanks Dad." I grinned up at him.

He stroked my cheek with his finger, "you go and get something to eat. You must be starving."

I nodded and made my way to the buffet.

~

"Hey guys I would just like to say a quick speech. I want to say thank you to Shane for this opportunity. I know that I haven't acted brilliantly in the past but that is being left there now and I am pretty sure I have made up for it, but without Shane being such a brilliant understanding person I would not be stood here as your champion right now. I want to say thank you to the beautiful ladies I shared the ring with tonight, we put on a hell of a show and I would be proud to defend my title against any of you, you are all amazing athletes and are special and an inspiration in your own way. And finally, I want to say thank you to my father, my inspiration. You told me from day 1 I could be anything and achieve anything I wanted to, and I did it Dad. Without you guiding me throughout various points in my career and keeping me on track and focused on the goal, I don't know where I'd be."
I smiled.

Everyone started to clap and cheer.

"The FIRST Smackdown Live Women's Champ, is here!" I shouted as I raised the title above my head.

Deans POV

I watched Winter in awe of her greatness and beauty as she gave this speech. I knew I wouldn't be included verbally, but I'd be included in her mind.

I saw her Dad looking on proudly and decided to test the waters.

I moved toward him and took a confident bite out of my sandwich as I stood next to him.

I saw his gaze slowly meet me.

"Ambrose." He greeted with tension in his voice.

"Mr Calaway." I turned to face him before taking another bite out of my sandwich.

"What do you want?" He asked, disgruntled.

"I don't want anything, I just wanted to see how you are Sir." I replied.

"Just fine. And my daughters doing fine without you in her life too. As you can see."

I smirked to myself.

I faced him, nodded in amusement only to be greeted by his cold eyes, and slowly made my way back to the buffet.

How did a man as cold as that make a woman as warm and lovely as Winter?