Chapter 10 - Sleepwalking

**Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Wolf or any of it's characters **

I had gone to bed early, for once. The lack of sleep from the past few days had finally weighed down upon me, making me as exhausted as ever. I had drifted into sleep the moment my head it the pillow, already beginning to feel lighter.

I remember opening my bedroom door and walking, that's all. It frightens me that I cannot remember even most of the walk to my sudden destination. I'm trying so hard to recall doing so, but I simply can't.

I found myself standing over a body, one bloody and mangled. The sight had startled me awake and I finally realized where I was, but I could not figure out why. I was surrounded by hundreds of DVDs, sorted onto shelves based on genre. The man at my feet must've been the store clerk. 

I felt my throat tightening at the sight of his ripped out throat. There was only one person/thing/creature that could've possibly done this, and it sure as hell wasn't a mountain lion. I knew I should call Derek, Scott, Eric, or even Stiles, but my body was frozen in shock. Not only was I standing before a dead body, I had lead myself here. 

I heard the bell of the front door ring, meaning someone had entered. I scurried to hide behind a shelf. I couldn't be found here. How was I supposed to explain to someone how I had just happened to sleepwalk to the scene of a murder?

"Hello?" A familiar voice had called out. "Is anybody working here?"

This has to be some kind of joke, that or I'm still sleeping. I peered around the shelf to see none other than Jackson Whittemore walking around with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He was craning his neck around, looking for an employee to assist him. Little did he know that the only worker here is five feet away from me with no throat.

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?"

The Notebook? He must be renting it for he and Lydia to watch tonight. I wondered if she was here too, or if she had waited at home. I can only hear one pair of footsteps, but then again she may just be outside in the car or something. This really wasn't good.

I had to reveal myself. How would it look when he stumbles upon the dead body and then I pop out from behind my shelf? I can just make the excuse of going on a late-night movie run. That's a story the police and Jackson could buy.

A light flickered from behind me and Jackson moved to inspect. I took this as my opportunity. I stepped out from behind the row of historical documentaries and made my presence known to Jackson.

"The romance movies are in the next row over." I informed him. He jumped at my words, startled.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked.

"Looking for a movie," I said, making my lie seem like the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, right," said Jackson. 

This was the first time I'd ever really spoken to him since Lydia and I stopped being friends. We don't exactly run in the same circles. Although, we do occasionally sit at the same lunch table, considering Allison and Lydia are best friends and I sit with Scott and Stiles now. But even then I doubt he acknowledges my existence.

Jackson seemed to ignore my direction about where to find his movie because he instead moved to the opposite row, where the dead clerk was. "I said it was - "

But I was cut off by Jackson's voice. "What the hell?"

With my heart pounding I moved over to where he was standing. I once again saw the bloody mess on the floor. It was getting harder to accept by the second. Why was I even here?