Chapter 17 - Breaking Chains

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf

"Well, someone looks nice today," said Dad as I walked through the front door. 

He was standing in the kitchen, hovering over the stove with a pot erupting with steam. I could only imagine what kind of concoction he's come up with for dinner. He's a terrible chef. Usually I'm the one doing all the cooking, but ever since that night in the school he's taken over my responsibility.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said, keeping my pace in a straight line for the stairs. I was tired of people commenting on my outfit. I didn't want to stand out anymore. I didn't want to have people notice me. I would much rather go back to hiding in my skinny jeans and comfortable tops. 

Dad tried calling me back, but I ignored him. What I had witnessed in that office really put me in a mood. I was stuck between facing Scylla or Charybdis, two evils I would much rather leave alone. I just don't think there's any easy way to navigate myself through this one.

I don't want to lie to Stiles, because he doesn't deserve that, but I don't want to tell him the truth either. He's just going to end up hurt either way. I don't know Lydia's reasoning for doing what she did, but I'm sure that she can never come up with an excuse good enough to justify her actions.

I flicked the light on in my room and was startled by the figure standing in the corner. "What the hell, Eric?" I said, holding my hand to my chest due to the miniature heart attack my brother had just given me. He really needs to find more practical ways to enter my room, such as knocking.

"A dress?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

I grunted, slammed my door shut, and made my way over to my closet. I pulled out a grey sweater, a pair of skinny jeans, and my red Toms. I set the items on my bed and looked up to my brother. "Do you mind?"

He held his hands up in defense and turned to face the wall. I slipped off my jacket and dress, feeling like I was finally able to breathe again. I practically ripped the tights off, freeing my legs of the itchy material. 

"I'm going to Derek's tonight," said Eric as I took off my outfit.

"Just be careful," I told him. I put on my jeans, slipping one leg in at a time.

"I should be saying the same to you,"

"I'll be fine."

I buttoned my jeans and picked up my sweater. I slid my arms through the sleeves and then pulled it over my head, tugging it down until it met my waist. I pulled my hair out of the collar, which I just realized was a mess at this point in the day.

Eric turned around and for a moment I wondered how he knew I was done changing, then I felt foolish for doing so. His senses are heightened times a thousand under the full moon, he can even hear the fabric settle onto my body.

"You're dealing with a newborn, you do realize that don't you?" Eric said, taking a few strides to sit on my bed. 

"Of course I do, but I trust Scott. He can control himself," I said, defending my friend.

"Really? Huh," he scoffed. "You should have stuck around the lacrosse practice a little longer, seen what he did to that goalie."

My eyebrows knitted together at his statement. "Danny?"

"Is that his name?" Eric stood up with folded arms and began pacing the carpet of my room. "Well, he took him out, gave him a bloody nose and everything."

My eyes widened in shock. Scott would never deliberately hurt Danny, everybody likes Danny. That's when it hit me, the realization of why Scott had been acting so out of character today. "It's Allison,"