Chapter 13 - Night School (part 1)

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf and all that jazz

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott exclaimed in the midst of my breakdown. 

I pounded my fist against the door. I needed to help Derek, I had to. He may be cross sometimes, but I'm about all the family he has left. Family doesn't abandon each other, well, unless you're Eric. But he's no where in my range of worry at the moment.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles retorted.

He and Scott where both gripping the bar handles of the double doors, Stiles also holding onto me. I knew I had to pull myself together, for their sake. I took in a sharp breath and wiped my face on the sleeve of my sweater. I still clung to Stiles's right arm.

"Grab something!" Scott ordered.

"What?" Stiles questioned.

The two where just as frantic as I, although possibly not quite as distraught. I'm sure that Derek's injury actually has pleased the two. But that's only because they don't know him like I do; they don't know how much they need him.

"Anything!"

Stiles calmed for a moment, sparking an idea in his mind. He glanced at me with a purpose in his eyes before standing up and peering through the narrow window on the door. Scott and I both stood as well, me finally releasing my grip on Stiles. 

We followed Stiles' eyes to the pair of yellow bolt cutters that lay abandoned on the cement sidewalk. It took me a few seconds longer to figure out the plan Stiles had concocted in his imaginative mind. It was then that I reattached my hand to his arm, hoping that my touch would somehow ease him out of risking his life.

He curled his fingers around the push bar to open the door. "No," I said.

"Yes," said Stiles without hesitation. Scott repeated my order but Stiles pushed him off.

"No, Stiles, you are not going out there!" I said, a pathetic strain in my voice. I had seen what The Alpha had done to Derek; I couldn't go on if it did the same to Stiles. The thought itself sent a chill throughout my spine. 

He turned around to face me. He removed my hand and held both of my arms down to my sides. His copper eyes gazed into my blue ones with a sense of furious determination. Yet, they also carried a hint of doubt.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He said to me. 

I looked at him for what seemed to be not enough time. I worried that it was the last time I would ever see his face, the last time I would ever see the way his nose curved so delicately, the way his jaw would always flex when he was nervous. I glanced to his lips secretly, hoping he wouldn't notice how badly I just wanted to kiss him. 

None the less, I cried again and nodded my head. He gave my arms a light squeeze before letting them go and pushing through the door. He crept outside and closed the door behind him. I felt so far away from him now, as if he's miles away. I let out an accidental sob and covered my mouth.

I held my breath as Scott and I watched Stiles through the narrow windows. He moved carefully to the bolt cutters, making sure to be aware of his surroundings. I heard a low growl from the distance and saw The Alpha creeping out from behind Stiles' jeep. The monster was on all fours, its devilish red eyes finding Stiles.

Scott and I both began pounding on the doors, yelling for Stiles to hurry. I felt sick as I watched the werewolf prepare for its attack. Stiles froze and looked back at the creature, bolt cutters in hand. One look was all it took for Stiles to rush inside to safety, away from The Alpha that had begun to sprint at him.