Chapter 24 - The New Alpha

**Disclaimer** I do not, in any way shape or form, own Teen Wolf. 
PS: Read the author's note at the end pretty please. MUY IMPORTANTE

I knew this was going to be it. Peter was going to rip my throat out and then tear me to pieces. I'm too much of an asset. He can't have me running around healing all of the people he has worked to hurt. He got what he wanted from me. My only question is, why did he wait until now to kill me? He's had plenty of opportunities. Then again, he is one to put on a show.

 He stood only a step away from me, his body twitching and shifting. I had to steady my breathing as I watched. I considered running, but I knew it wouldn't make any difference. He's faster than me, stronger than me. Running would only increase his anger and possibly lengthen my death. If he is going to do it I'd rather have it be quick and painless. 

Scott was moving on the ground behind him. He got himself to his feet, still trying to regain some strength. He glared at Peter's back, which was now humped and growing fur. I knew what he was about to do. He always wants to be the hero, protect everyone, but this time he needs to just let it be.

I shook my head at him, trying to tell him not to attack. Of course, he ignored me. He crept closer to Peter, who was now only moments away from his full transformation. Another tear escaped my eyes as I thought about Stiles. I never got to tell him goodbye. I never got to tell him the truth that has been nagging at the back of my mind for days. I love him.

Peter roared at me, his body entirely unrecognizable. At that same moment, Scott attacked, his eyes glowing as bright as ever. Peter threw him out the window and onto the ground outside. He turned his head back to me, those beady red eyes etching nightmares into my mind.

I felt a tight grip around my throat, claws digging into the skin on my neck. I closed my eyes as Peter jumped through the hole he had made with Scott's body, still holding onto me. The breeze of the cool night air hit my bare skin. Peter held me up, my toes dangling inches from the safety of the ground. This was going to be it. This is how I am going to die.

I craned my neck slowly to the right. Scott was laying on the ground, clenching his side and out of breath. I turned to my left to see Allison hovering over Mr. Argent, who was still knocked out on the grass. My brother and Derek were inside, no doubt still in recovery from their beating with Peter. I was in this alone. 

I turned back to face The Alpha, those red eyes still making my entire body shake. He raised the hand that was not wrapped around my neck. I exhaled slowly. The razor sharp claws scythed across my cheek, to my surprise, instead of my throat. I hardly felt the pain before the skin sewed itself back together. 

"EMMA!" A familiar voice was shouting. My mind was too fogged to piece together who it was. "EMMA!"

I turned to see a figure running towards us. He stopped a short distance from where The Alpha was holding me into the air. The grip around my neck tightened, making it harder to breathe. If he didn't kill me first, I would surely suffocate. 

I blinked a few times, my vision beginning to clear. It was then that I realized who the call of my name belonged to. He shouldn't be here. It's too dangerous for him. "Stiles," I muttered, my voice barely audible through the grasps of The Alpha.

"Emma, duck!" Stiles called. 

It took every ounce of energy I had left within me, but I kicked myself off The Alpha. He stumbled backwards, hitting the porch of the house. I sent a hand to my throat, feeling it as if to make sure it was still there. I took in large breaths.