Chapter 21 - Completely Normal

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf. I do, however, own about twenty pairs of fuzzy socks.

I was surprised to not find Eric hiding in the shadows of my bedroom that night. Dad still wasn't home, which somewhat worried me due to the late hour. He's been using Melanie as an outlet lately. Ever since he learned the truth about Eric and I he's been distant. The only time I ever really talk to him is when we go to the gym, but that's only a couple times a week. 

I gave a light knock on Eric's door. I haven't been in his room since he returned home. I assume it hasn't changed much since his high school days considering he spends hardly any time here. He muttered for me to come in and I obeyed. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands. I moved to sit next to him, causing the bed to shift under my weight.

I inhaled silently, finally gaining the nerve to speak. "Scott's okay, we got him there just in time." I said, but Eric didn't reply. He moved his hands through his thick, dirt-colored hair. I let out a sigh. "Derek being taken is not your fault,"

He flopped his hands into his lap, his head twitching up. "He's saved my ass so many times, and now I've let him down. He's probably being tortured by the Argents right now."

I placed a soft hand on his back. I get why he feels guilty about Derek. He had been there for him for the past three years as he transitioned into a werewolf. They've always been good friends and becoming pack mates only increased their bond. He thinks he's betrayed Derek by saving Scott. In my heart, I believe Derek knew what he was doing.

"We'll find him, okay?" I said. "I promise,"

Eric hung his head, shaking it back and forth. "I just...I can't do anything right."

It broke my heart to hear him say that. Sure, he's had a few bumps along the road, but he's also done many great things. If anything, he's trying, and that's more than I can say for many people who have a history of corrupt decisions.

"You saved Scott's life, Eric," I said. "You're not a bad person,"

He didn't say anything. He hadn't looked me in the eye once since I came into his room. I wish I could just take away his guilt, his pain. Unfortunately, my abilities don't work like that. I can only make so many miracles.

I stood up and placed a hand on my brother's shoulder. "You should get some sleep, it's been a long night."

He nodded silently. With that as a confirmation, I left him to his thoughts. I never fully understood my brother until today. I always thought he was a traitor and a liar, someone I wanted no association with. Now, it's beginning to feel like he's one of the only people I can really depend on.

I still love my brother, no matter his actions.

  ☼ 

"Master of persuasion, huh, Scott?" I said as he, Stiles, and I all looked around a corner to watch Jackson ask Allison to go to the formal with him. Stiles told me all about their little 'confrontation' in the boys locker room.

Jackson was jittery and sweaty as he leaned up against the row of lockers next to Allison's. Scott really must have freaked him out for someone of his nature to be acting this way. It was quite comical on my part. I can't help but feel like he sort of deserves it for all he's put us through, especially Scott. He got shot for him and Jackson didn't even think to utter a thanks.