Chapter 23 - The Final Truth

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf, it's characters, or any of it's plot lines. Please don't sue me.

 "The Argents know about Scott," said Eric.

We had hurried off the lacrosse field when we heard the police sirens going off. We knew that they would investigate there because that's where Lydia was found. We couldn't risk being caught at the scene of the crime. We were now in the edge of the woods, trying to come up with a plan of what to do next.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"They cornered him out in the bus lot," he said. "Allison saw him transform."

I gaped at his news. Scott would never have wanted Allison to find out that way, or to find out at all really. I'm sure that both of them are freaking out at the moment. We had to find Scott before he did something rash.

"Look, the Argent's main goal is to kill The Alpha, only they don't know who it is. Derek obviously hasn't given up the truth yet so their next move is going to be to hunt down Scott and get answers from him." Eric explained.

"Are they going to hurt him?"

"I don't know,"

"We have to find them, both of them." I said. 

A sudden shiver ran up my spine as a loud howl echoed throughout the trees. The leaves shook at its force. I recognized that howl. It was the same one I heard all those nights ago back at the school. Eric had hit the ground at the sound of the roar, his werewolf senses taking over at the sound. The hybrid within me was drawn to it as well. I knew that it was loud enough for Derek and Peter to hear.

A few moments passed before another howl roared throughout the forest. I didn't recognize it's owner, but by the look on Eric's face, he did. That could only mean one thing: Scott was signaling Derek. I smiled to myself at his cleverness. Now Eric and I had Derek's location as well.

"Let's go," he said. Without another moment of hesitation we ran through the trees to the source of the second howl.

Eric was faster than me, but I was doing my best to keep up. Luckily all those training sessions with Dad had built me up some endurance. Then, Eric switched to all fours and pulled even further ahead of me. My lungs burned as I pushed myself to sprint as fast as I could. I'm faster than a human, but not a werewolf.

I dodged trees and heard the continuous snapping of twigs beneath my feet. The area was starting to become familiar. An old scent tickled my nose as I ran. I slowed down as I reached the clearing, unbelieving of what stood before me. The Hale house, they're keeping him in his own house.

Eric was standing a few feet in front of me and as much out of breath as I was. I moved to stand next to him, my chest heaving and dry. "In his house?" I asked.

"Not in it," he said, "under it."

"Scott!" I hissed in a whisper as he joined us, coming out of his werewolf form. He looked at the two of us in disbelief. 

"What? What are you two doing here?" He asked us.

"You really think Derek was the only one to hear you?" Eric said. Scott hung his head slightly, though I think on the inside he was glad to have back-up.

Scott then perked up and looked to me, his brow furrowed. "Emma, where's Stiles?"

My stomach felt like it dropped into my ass. I didn't want to tell him the truth, but I couldn't keep it from him. He doesn't deserve that. I glanced to Eric for help, but he too knew I had to be the one to tell him.