Chapter 15 - Time to Tell

**Disclaimer** Still not the owner of Teen Wolf, but still all about that yolo life.

"You're sure it was Derek Hale?" asked Sheriff Stilinski as he escorted Stiles, Scott, and me out of the school.

"Yes," replied Scott. 

"I saw him too," said Stiles. The boys looked over to me.

"Yeah, yeah so did I," I said with hesitance. I'm still not keen on this whole blame-Derek-for-all-the-murders-he-didn't-commit thing. But, at this point, I don't have much of a choice but to go along.

Scott gave a small sigh. "What about the janitor?"

"We're still looking," said the Sheriff. I could hear the slight disappointment in his voice.

"Did you check under the bleachers - under them?" asked Scott. He had informed Stiles and myself on his encounter with The Alpha in the gym. It wasn't the part about hanging up the janitor that got to me, but instead the fact that The Alpha caused Scott to change.

"Yes, Scott. We pulled them out just like you asked," said Sheriff Stilinski. "There's nothing,"

"I'm not making this up," said Scott. 

"I know, I believe you, I do," he said. 

We stopped at the bottom of the concrete steps. "You don't, you have this look like you feel bad for me, like you wanna believe me but I know you don't," said Scott.

I leaned against the railing with Stiles. I felt my heart flutter just by looking at him. He makes me feel so giddy inside. It's unlike any other emotion out there. 

The Sheriff let out a small sigh and said, "Listen, we're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him, okay? I promise."

He was called away by one of the deputies, but ordered the three of us to stay put. I wonder what he thinks about me hanging around his son and his son's best friend. He knows my back story, considering he was there the night of the accident. Does he think I'm strange too?

After a moment, Stiles finally broke the tension. "Well, we survived. We did it, we outlasted The Alpha. That's still good, right? Being alive?"

Scott looked at him in a sense of confusion. "When we were in the chemistry room, it walked right by us. You don't think it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?"

"Well then how come we're still alive?" asked Stiles.

"Because it wants Scott in his pack," I said. The two pairs of eyes found me and a heated blush ran to my cheeks.

Scott nodded and turned away for a moment. I could see him biting his lip. "But, I think first it wants me to get rid of my old pack." 

"Old pack?" asked Stiles.

"Allison," said Scott quietly. "Jackson, Lydia, you two,"

Stiles' face faltered as he took in the realization. He looked to me, as if in hopes that I could correct Scott and tell him that there's no such need. But, I would be lying if I told him that. In order for the leader to join a new pack, they must rid of their old one.

"The Alpha doesn't want to kill us," said Stiles.

Scott looked to the ground and turned his back to us. "It wants me to do it," he whispered. "And that's not even the worst part."

"How in holy hell is that not the worst part?" asked Stiles.

"Because when he made me shift - " he finally turned around, his mouth gaping and searching for the courage to say the next few words, " - I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill you...all of you."