0.7

0.7 | the aftermath

+ADRIANNA HOSK
SUN | 09:25

I WAS AWOKEN TO the harsh sound of my phone alarm, blaring through my ear. I would never do my eardrums the injustice of picking this alarm tone; It was terrible. Usually, by the seaside or night owl is the way to go for me, but this was devastating to my ears.

My eyes scanned the screen desperately to find the snooze button but I soon realised it wasn't there. I'd never set an alarm and disable the snooze feature. Then I caught the time.

"Nine twenty-five!" I seethed. This has to be Grayson's doing. After all, he's the one who gave me the phone, put his fingerprint on it, and has now set an unreasonable early alarm for the weekend. And to think they expected me to make breakfast for them, too, made my skin crawl. They're morning people I sighed, I have to live with morning people.

I opened my phone to silence the racket and found myself some comfortable clothes to wear that I'd bought the day before with Pattie. Ethan's card had been battered by us yesterday: I had enough clothes to last me a month; good quality, designer clothes, too. Upon checking my missed messages, I realised I had one from her.

Pattie:
Hope you're ok! Didn't mean to get you in trouble. So sorry

To say I was in trouble last night would be an understatement. But past the slapping, I got away with it. I only wondered what today would be like: whether they'd mention it or not, still be angry with me or not. I slid my feet into some slippers and closed my bedroom door, making my way downstairs to the kitchen. Shit always seems to go down in the kitchen.

As soon as I walked into the room, I was immediately hit with a slight breeze but luckily I was wearing a half-sleeved, warm romper that covered me nicely. I familiarised myself with where everything was in terms of cutlery and dishes, then I took out some eggs, bacon, butter and sausages from the fridge. From the cupboard I took out some tinned beans and bread then turned the knob which works the grill.

Heat quickly filled the kitchen, attacking the cool breeze I felt earlier on. I used some sunflower oil and a pan to start preparing the bacon when I heard footsteps coming down the main, glass staircase.

I turned around to see who it was and when I did, was greeted with Ethan's tired self. His hair was a sexy mess and he was shirtless with sweats that lazily hung off his v-lined hips.

"Morning," he rasped making my heart flutter.

"Good morning, master," I greeted him back as I turned around again to focus on not burning the food.

"You're up early. I like it," he smiled, typing his password into the orange MacBook Air that laid on the table. I thought about telling him that it wasn't of my own accord but instead, decided to just take the compliment.

"But," he started, "I disapprove of what you're wearing," he pursed his lips at me, eyeing my outfit.

"It's just a play suit," I defended.

"Not enough skin," he shrugged, "just because you bought new clothes, doesn't mean you don't have to wear that beautiful little costume that makes me feel a certain kind of way," he smiled. The way in which he speaks his words is always so fluently flirty and smooth, yet, what he is actually saying, most of the time, is rather crude.

"You know it's actually kind of cold in the morning. I'd prefer a jumper, at least that would keep me warm."

"Well jumpers are forbidden," he frowned, "besides... I can keep you warm."