2.8

2.8 | square up

+GRAYSON DOLAN
THU | 14:30

AS I SAT IN a nervous silence, the excruciatingly annoying sound of my foot tapping against the tiled kitchen floor began to grate on my ears. I'd previously called Adrianna's phone almost twenty times only to realise that she'd left it behind. Immediately when I returned home after a luncheon with a friend and noticed she wasn't there I rang Ethan knowing that she was concerned about his whereabouts. Unfortunately, he said he didn't know anything about where she might've gone but that he'd come home as soon as possible to try and figure it out with me.

So many thoughts were circling through my paranoid mind that I hadn't even paid attention to the front door opening and closing. "I'm here!" Ethan shouted as he searched for me. He came and sat beside me on a stool and furrowed his eyebrows, "Grayson?" He waved a hand in front of my face.

My brain finally properly caught up with his presence and I turned to face him, "I'm sorry. I'm just worried sick."

Ethan's head bowed at my statement and a sigh left his lips before he said, "I think I know why she left."

My eyes fixated on him as a curious look on my face urged him to continue. "We may have had an argument; a pretty huge screaming match actually." My head sunk into my hands at his admission and I briefly closed my eyes in fury as I tried to comprehend why they needed to dispute so regularly.

"What was it about this time?" I asked in a sarcastic tone as I could probably draw up a fairly decent guess. His head, as if it couldn't get any lower, bowed even further as he shuffled rather guiltily in his seat.

"I slept with Pattie and I'm guessing she told Ade because I certainly didn't." He chuckled.

I could feel my blood boil as he tried to laugh off something as serious as this. "So you're telling me that you fucked a girl we've established a solid friendship with as ammunition to strike back at Adrianna?"

"Wording it like that makes it seem like I've gone out of my way to hurt her. I did it for me, and if I'm going to be one hundred percent truthful, I don't really regret it." He shrugged.

And with his cockiness, short-fused Grayson resurrected from the coffin I'd buried him in. Rooting back to my substance abuse that had been caused due to Tania's infidelity, it lead me down a lonely road in which my only escape was to drown my pain in liquor.

My fist connected with his face, a forceful impact blown onto his cheek which he certainly didn't see coming. The power in my punch knocked him off his stool as he stumbled to the ground clutching one side of his face. "Are you fucking crazy?!" He yelled, anger now building up in his eyes.

"No! But you must be if you think this is in any way funny!" I yelled back. He sprung back onto his feet and lunged for me, his clawing hands tugging at the neckline of my shirt. "Get your fucking hands off me!" I pushed him away although by now we were both on the ground. "Why would you do that to her?" I asked, I took up a lower, more calm tone to help settle the tension.

"It's nothing she hasn't been doing to us, now is it?" He mumbled.

"So therefore it's okay to level the playing field?" I scoffed. He shook his head at me and used his hands to hoist himself up off the floor.