2.9

2.9 | serenity?

+ADRIANNA HOSK
THU | 17:00

I SHOOK ETHAN'S SHOULDER lightly to wake him from his short nap that we took in the park. "We should probably start making our way back home now." I suggested when the fluttering of his eyes had stopped and they'd fully adjusted to the light.

"Okay," he inhaled a large breath of air and stretched his arms out whilst exhaling. He stood up and offered me a hand to help get myself off the ground. Drowsiness still affected my body but I shrugged it off and accepted his gesture. We walked hand-in-hand back to his Range Rover in a comfortable silence. "Ladies first." He grinned, opening the passenger door for me like a true gentleman.

"Thank you, kind sir." I blushed as I slid into my seat and strapped on my belt. He shut my door and soon appeared on the opposite side.

"Wanna listen to the radio or something?" He asked as he put the key in the ignition.

"Sure," I smiled, "anything's fine."

He nodded and left it on the station that was already playing, the impressive vocals of Justin Bieber filled the car as 'Love Yourself' popped up first.

"Are you going to tell me how you bruised up your entire face?" I asked Ethan. His eyes flickered over to me but he awkwardly averted them and kept his eyes fixated on the road. He was avoiding my question as if the longer he ignored me the quicker it would go away. "Ethan?"

"Somebody punched me if you must know." His knuckles had started to lose colour due to his tendency to subconsciously ball his hands up into fists when anger strikes him. Just thinking about his encounter with this person was getting him agitated.

"Who?" Was my next, but obvious question. Why he was making me draw it out of him so slowly was a mystery to me; it'd have been much easier for him to just come clean.

"Somebody," he replied through gritted teeth.

"You do know that I'm only going to pester you until I have answers, right? Who punched you, Ethan?"

"Grayson did." He sighed. "We were talking about... The thing and we got into a huge fight." He admitted.

"And by 'the thing' you mean you and Pattie fucking, right?" I scoffed.

Ethan rolled his eyes and mimicked my scoff, "Adrianna, don't be like this. I thought we were over it."

"Over it?" I laughed, "I forgave you because in truth my actions haven't been much better but we're certainly not 'over it'. How could you think that? You've hurt me so much."

"Aaaand now we're back to square one. This constant bickering has to stop because I'm sick of it!" He yelled.

"Who the fuck do you think you are to be raising your voice at me? At me?" I couldn't believe the way in which he was acting towards me; almost as if as soon as we walked out of the park he just changed back to his usual, arrogant self. "I can't even stand to talk to you anymore. Just shut up and don't bother me for the rest of the ride back home."

He chuckled sarcastically.

"Hopefully it won't be your home much longer."

-LATER
After being poisoned by Ethan's viscous tongue in the car, the only thing I desired was to check in with Grayson and see if he was okay after their physical altercation.

I knocked on his bedroom door waiting for an invitation inside but was instead met by his badly beaten face, "Ade!" He grinned, engulfing me in an ultra-friendly hug.

"Hi! I'm back." My body melted into his and I suddenly felt weightless in his arms. He dragged me inside and slammed the door shut, still in a happy trance caused by my unexpected arrival.

"Please don't ever leave me again. I was so frightened." He pleaded as he cupped my hands in his. Different coloured bruises laid on top of his damp skin as it appeared that he may have been crying shortly before.

"I promise that I won't." I smiled as my hands squeezed his. He gave out a sigh of relief and flashed me a toothy grin.

"I'm sure Ethan's told you that we landed a few on each other."

"He did." I chuckled sympathetically, "you look awful, no offence."

"None taken. I know my face is looking really rough." He sighed. "I don't know what came over us to act that violently towards each other."

"Ethan said it was because he told you about Pattie?"

Grayson's pitiful eyes shot towards mine and a look of deep sorrow sat on his face, "it must have hit you pretty badly for you to run away." He clearly felt sympathetic that I'd had to receive that news.

I shrugged, "it was hard, yeah. More than anything I just needed to breathe some new, fresh air."

"I'm just glad you came back to me." He blushed.

"So am I."

"I love you, Ade."

"I love you too, Gray."

DESPERADO
Copyright © All Rights Reserved